• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, namisgr said:

(shrug)

There is one 9.8 copy in the census.

What do you think it could go for? It is the first 9.6 copy I have ever seen for sale and will be out of my price range, or what I would be willing to pay for it anyway. 

20 hours ago, joeypost said:

I was floored how well my Kull PF’s did last few auctions. 

Congrats on the sales.  The PF Hulks from the Federal Hill collection did extremely well at ComicLink auction last night.  $2100 for Hulk #157 in 9.8, one of five in that grade.  I'd be thrilled if my PF Hulk run performs as well in June.

Here's another title from my collection.  Note the quality control error on the CGC label on the #4.  

The HFH #1 cover is one of my all-time Bronze Age favorites.  Cards, dice, a bar, strippers, police brutality, red light district, and Luke Cage with a massive broken chain around his waist.  That's more real and down to earth than Marvel had ever been to that point - just a stone cold classic.

RAD0B8552020522_133351.jpg  RAD825E32020522_142723.jpg

RAD989B52020522_13352.jpg  RAD8C3E52020522_142515.jpg

Edited by namisgr

24 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Note the quality control error on the CGC label on the #4.  

I’ve only seen pink pages on Fox books before. I’m assuming the pages are at worst OW/W?  Good luck with the sale.  I have similar grades still raw so I’m certainly interested. 

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

When are you going to post some nice books, Bob?

I've been too lazy to scan the picture frame collection, but once the auction house has I'm quick to post 'em up.  :grin:

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

When are you going to post some nice books, Bob?

Thanks, Barton.  It's really nice when a discerning afficionado and passionate collector of the genre such as yourself appreciates the collection.  Your fantastic collection and beautiful inventory of it in the Registry was a major inspiration for my own focus on the genre and attempts to include the nicest looking copies I could.

Edited by namisgr