• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff of Legend #1

240 posts in this topic

I am still looking for of #1 & 2 (first prints prefer raw copies), anyone have extras and want to help a member out

I've got a long box full of #2, PM me if Your interested.

-----

speculator/hoarder!

yeah, i bought 2 copies of #2 too...shame on me. and i would have bought all 3 copies my LCS had of #1, but 2 of them were pretty badly dinged. aside from being a decent little read and nice to look at, it just "seems" like the type of book i might not mind having in 5 or 10 years.

New image of the SOL trade...

Stuff_of_Legend_TPB_Volume_I_by_cpw.jpg

Dan

Can't believe they're not doing a hardcover :screwy:

Michael...I think they are going to have one sooner. I think they wanted to get this out first. They figured Random House will handle things pretty well and get them into plenty of places that they themselves couldn't.

For only two issues, they have done some of my favorite "reprints". All of the different formats make it fun and appear to be different. LOVE the Baltimore Con issue. The Boogeymans are great too (thanks to Carcrawford for those).

Pat

New image of the SOL trade...

Stuff_of_Legend_TPB_Volume_I_by_cpw.jpg

Dan

Can't believe they're not doing a hardcover :screwy:

Michael...I think they are going to have one sooner. I think they wanted to get this out first. They figured Random House will handle things pretty well and get them into plenty of places that they themselves couldn't.

I hope so - I'm just not a big fan of glue-bound TPB's like that ... they fall apart way too easily.

I hope so - I'm just not a big fan of glue-bound TPB's like that ... they fall apart way too easily.

I don't know why that is. My trades always have pages come loose and I am very gentle with them. It never happens to my paperback books though, not even junk ones I buy from thrift stores and garage sales. Manga seems to be built more like a paperback book and less likely to come apart.

From an article on CBR today:

"...the first two-issue mini series in the franchise sold well enough to gain the notice of Random House, who will publish the first "Stuff of Legend" hardcover through their Villard imprint on April 27.

:headbang: I will definately be picking this up!

Pretty good article with SOL writer Mike Raicht

Just talked to Random House (who we deal with frequently) about this and they told me that CBR made a mistake (and they will be contacting them about it). This is "definitely not" a hardcover, it's a trade edition.

Just talked to Random House (who we deal with frequently) about this and they told me that CBR made a mistake (and they will be contacting them about it). This is "definitely not" a hardcover, it's a trade edition.

Yeah, you can tell by the pic posted earlier in this thread.

Dan

BUMP

Its been awhile

HAHAHA... "Disney movie in the works"

:shrug:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/saw-writers-adapt-disneys-stuff-646384

Whoa.....ok. But is it safe to assume Disney abandoned this by now..?

No.

If this is animated, or heavy on design and cgi elements, you could be looking at 6 years or more from when they begin to adapt the material. Take a gander at the making of various Pixar films (I.E. The best) and you'll see films that take even longer to get from start to theater.

BUMP

Its been awhile

HAHAHA... "Disney movie in the works"

:shrug:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/saw-writers-adapt-disneys-stuff-646384

Whoa.....ok. But is it safe to assume Disney abandoned this by now..?

No.

If this is animated, or heavy on design and cgi elements, you could be looking at 6 years or more from when they begin to adapt the material. Take a gander at the making of various Pixar films (I.E. The best) and you'll see films that take even longer to get from start to theater.

Great! Now I feel like :pullhair: for not bidding on that auction yesterday :cry: