• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik -- Niky passed away last night.

262 posts in this topic

I have not been on in a while and was shocked to learn of this after checking the boards.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. A truly great guy who will be missed.

I've been away at the SDCC, and have not had much chance to be on the boards until now. I heard the news from fellow boardies over in SD - Nik's passing certainly cast a pall over the show for me. Such a sudden loss, particularly of someone so beloved by many, is impossible to come to terms with, but the generosity shown by this Forum has restored a large degree of faith in humanity in me, which is definitely something.

I didn't know Nik that well (I met him a couple of times) but had many transactions and PMs with him over the years. Needless to say, he was one of the pillars of the boards.

My condolences to his family at this difficult time.

I'm sorry to hear about Nik. I traded some funny PM's with him in the past, and he was a great presence on the boards. In his personal life, I'm sure he greatly touched many people and was an extra ordinary family man. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Nik was one of those special guys who made this hobby exciting, fun and child like. It was a pleasure to read his thoughts whenever I came by for a visit here. He will be missed. My best wishes go out from my family to his.

One thing I have to mention which Im sure others have already(Haven't read through everything)... Look at the amount of people on these threads that Nik touched within this community, it's a real salute to what a great guy he was to warrent this and his family should be proud of what an amazing person they were so lucky to have in their lives.

Everyone here should be very proud in the most humble way of just what this community has done in response to a friend. No one did anything other than what they thought should be done, and when looked at as a whole it is amazing what has been done for a friend and his family.

I did not know Nik, but I contributed what I did because I was inspired by the friendships he developed here and what these people felt must be done. He must have been a very good guy. Once someone dies, everything that happens afterward is because those that are left behind try to cope with the event.

I am sorry if I am not making sense, but it is inspiring the number of friends and the length they will go to for him. He must be smiling.

I am just returning to the boards after a long absence, so this news has come as a huge shock.

Nik was one of the geniune nice guys of the boards, and I personally had many great dealings with him.

The boards just won't be the same without him. A very sad day. :(

....I don't think there was another person on this board that had a truer, purer love for this hobby,...I will always remember how you made me laugh,...RIP in peace Nik,...no worries,...

....I don't think there was another person on this board that had a truer, purer love for this hobby,...I will always remember how you made me laugh,...RIP in peace Nik,...no worries,...

Yep, because when all was said and done . . . to Nik, it was all about the funny books. (thumbs u

Yep, because when all was said and done . . . to Nik, it was all about the funny books. (thumbs u

+1

I didn't know Nik, but from reading all the outpouring of comments and sympathies I see that he is someone who touched many of you. I would just like to say that it moves me to see that someone could have such an impact on such a diverse group of people.

I haven't been able to be here much at all since the regrettable news about Nic , but wanted to say farewell to a great fellow collector and I wish only the best for his family. It is also quite remarkable to see the generosity and support by many here.

B~

I haven't been able to be here much at all since the regrettable news about Nic

It's the same for me, due to a couple of direct influences.

After Nik passed away, it hit me kinda hard. I've rededicated myself to my family, playing with the kids more, taking them biking, swimming, hitting the beach and pool more, and just spending more equality time with them. My need to be on the CGC forums has shrunk to almost nothing - I don't even buy comics anymore, nor do I have a current need to.

Life is short and I want to make sure if I go, I don't want it to be sitting on here, arguing with someone over something absolutely meaningless. Anything but that, please.

I realize that most events that impact our lives are very transitory, but Nik was such a strong personality that it's not fading away for me, nor do I expect it to. Nik was a good man, and the least all of us can do it to try and carry on in the same manner.

Thanks for that Nik. (thumbs u

I haven't been able to be here much at all since the regrettable news about Nic

It's the same for me, due to a couple of direct influences.

After Nik passed away, it hit me kinda hard. I've rededicated myself to my family, playing with the kids more, taking them biking, swimming, hitting the beach and pool more, and just spending more equality time with them. My need to be on the CGC forums has shrunk to almost nothing - I don't even buy comics anymore, nor do I have a current need to.

Life is short and I want to make sure if I go, I don't want it to be sitting on here, arguing with someone over something absolutely meaningless. Anything but that, please.

I realize that most events that impact our lives are very transitory, but Nik was such a strong personality that it's not fading away for me, nor do I expect it to. Nik was a good man, and the least all of us can do it to try and carry on in the same manner.

Thanks for that Nik. (thumbs u

Bravo, Vince! :applause: