• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When life gives you lemons...

95 posts in this topic

Best of luck Steve, what a bummer.

Good luck buddy and keep us posted,

I am lucky that my dog doesn't want to leave the yard, and can only imagine if she did, and was lost. That's why I always stop and make an effort to try and pick up loose dogs I see running around our neighborhood that got out somehow.

And did you put out her favorite food, treat in a bowl? Might attract unwanted guests, but it also might lure her home, just an idea.

Post the pic of her on telephone poles in the neighborhood and walk around the neighborhood calling her name....

She probably didn't get too far and if someone had picked her up they'll know who the dog belongs to...

Keep positive and good luck finding her... :wishluck:

Dice,

I hope you find that little ball of fur. :wishluck:

Check and see if there is a Yorkie rescue group in your area. One of my clients runs one for boxers. Whenever there is a lost or missing boxer, the shelters call her because they know that she has contacts. It is a super longshot, but it is the only other thing I can think of that might help. Good luck.

--Sean.

Either the dog is on it's own and someone will find it shortly, or someone already has it. Those are the two most likely scenarios.

Little cute dogs like yours are in high demand and I hope whoever finds it decides to locate the owner (you), and not keep the cute thing for themselves.

I had a large dog go missing once, when we first moved to our new home. I posted signs stating that there was a hundred dollar reward with no questions asked, and in two days we got a call. I had searched EVERYWHERE for "Socks". He turned out to be right across the street on a duys property who had a lot of acreage. He was chasing deer and having a ball apparently. I gave the guy the hundred and was very happy to do so.

Right across the street. He was within hearing distance of my yelling but was apparently more interested in the deer.

Your dog is most likely closer than you think. I have seen it happen many times. Good luck.

Good luck Dice, I'm sure the little yorkie will come home. Dogs always seem to find home...I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and my doggie Scarlett's paws crossed too... :wishluck:

I'll tell you that my kids finding that dog just thrilled them beyond words. Sometimes life is like that...even negative things can be a positive for someone else.

Everything happens for a reason.

;)

I'm sure you'll find your dog.

I had a large dog go missing once, when we first moved to our new home. I posted signs stating that there was a hundred dollar reward with no questions asked, and in two days we got a call. I had searched EVERYWHERE for "Socks". He turned out to be right across the street on a duys property who had a lot of acreage. He was chasing deer and having a ball apparently. I gave the guy the hundred and was very happy to do so.

Somebody broke into my house earlier this year, and when I got home, my cat was gone. I put up laminated signs on every road sign within 3 blocks of my house and got four calls over the next week about cat sightings. I also put an animal trap on my front porch, the kind you get at Lowe's, and caught three neighborhood cats, none of which were mine. That's something to consider for your pooch as well.

I eventually found out five days later they had scared my cat into an unfinished crawl space above my den and he had fallen from the second story of my house down past the insulation inside my den's wall. :o I had to break a hole into the wall to let him out, but he luckily was fine.

I had a small dog that would run all over the town. Eventually, I would always find her though. Even made some friends in the neighborhood as a result. Similar to some of the other anecdotes mentioned, one time, she and the neighbor's dog, conspired together, dug a hole under the fence and played together all day.

When things wind down a bit and you find your little rascal, go rent the flick, "Marley and Me." Watch it with the family. You'll be touched, i think.

What town do you live in?

They're in a small town in Tennessee. Population of about 10k.

The only thing that really worries me is that she's so cute, she'd tempt a person's honesty to bring her back. There are a lot of good people there, so I'm really hoping someone's kids are playing with her and they'll get around to bringing her home in a few days.

I just hope she's with SOMEONE and not still running loose.