• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Forgot Just How Bad It Was

66 posts in this topic

My three year old daughter is following in my footsteps and is absolutely mad about Batman. She has about 100 comics of her own, mainly all my dupe beater copies, and she's always watching one of the many Batman DVDs we have.

Last night she asked if she could watch the one I always skip over - Batman & Robin. The last time I saw that particular movie was when it was first released into cinemas, and I remembered leaving with a very bad taste in my mouth. It's not a movie I ever think of after my initial reaction, so when she pointed it out last night and said 'Daddy, we never watch that one,' I thought oh what the hell I'll put it on for her.

As is always I sit and watch the movies with her and she asks me questions as it goes along. But how I struggled to motivate myself to answer her last night. Now I know why I was so appaled when I saw it first time round, and probably why I wiped as much as I could of it from my memory.

There was nothing good about it, absolutely nothing. I know I'm probably preaching to the converted here but I was shocked for a second time as to how bad this movie actually is. It's up there with all the proper stinkers, and to be honest I'm half expecting a strike for bringing it up on a public forum.

So for those who haven't seen it, a little warning. If you have two hours to spare and you're struggling to find something to pass it, if at any time in those two hours you think 'I'll watch Batman & Robin', take this bit of advice to heart. You'll be better off spending those two hours thinking of something else to do, or doing absolutely nothing at all.

rantrant

It was just hideous. Horrid. Those jerkwads skated, and thought the audience would be too dumb to notice.

What's especially depressing is that Batman was a masterpiece, Batman Forever was really good, and Batman Returns wasn't half bad.

And then there was this giant heaping pile o' garbage.

Weak.

I still remember what it felt like to watch this film at the cinema.

Traumas like this tend to be etched into you for life.

When the skates appeared, there were numerous groans, religious and non-religious expletives around me, people staring at each other with anxious expressions, and there was an obvious communal feeling that we were about to be punished for two hours or so. We weren't wrong.

Yeah, like you I'd recommend this classic to no-one.

I've got up and left movies before that were stink-pot's, and this one is one where I sat my popcorn down and headed for the exit. They seemed to want to go the 1960's version of the franchise......which is better than B and R by a long shot. I actually tried to buy the 1960's Bat Boat from Glastron in TX, they use to have it on display there, don't know if they still do or not.....love that boat.

Wow, am I the only one that did not hate this movie? It has Poison Ivy in it.

Yes, but then the film started rolling. If it had just been a big poster campaign to encourage reading Batman, that would be different. But then Joel Schumacher actually made the picture.

That was the crime in this case. And the Batman & Robin & Batgirl suits were a little odd.

batman-and-robin-6.jpg

Actually, it is one of my family's faves. I don't understand why people hate it so - it's either the best or second best of the run (next to the first one with Jack N) - the worst one was the second one that had the penguin in it.

Yes, but then the film started rolling. If it had just been a big poster campaign to encourage reading Batman, that would be different. But then Joel Schumacher actually made the picture.

That was the crime in this case. And the Batman & Robin & Batgirl suits were a little odd.

batman-and-robin-6.jpg

that's just azz!

:P

To this day I have never seen that movie.

And I have no plans to!

I'm sure there are a number of people on here that would love to mail it to you. And please, no returns. You keep it - PLEASE!

I'm just glad Christopher Nolan got a hold of the Bat movie franchise as that piece of *spoon* left Batfans with a bad taste in their mouth for a long time.