• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the frustration of having your BETTER copy selling for less on Comiclink

21 posts in this topic

one of the things about selling a book on Comiclink is that you cannot communicate with buyers (to avoid direct sales obviously)

but sometimes you just wish you could email the "loser" of an auction and say:

Guess what? You are in luck ...... I have a better copy of the book (same grade but higher PQ) you just lost out on already posted on Comiclink for a lot less than your losing bid.

Oh well .................. (shrug)

Maybe your book is priced too cheap and is scaring away potential customers.

Obviously ComicLink is the place where comic buyers overpay. If you aren't over-priced you just don't fit in.

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

So, go list it in the auction. (shrug)

yeah .......... tried that once with about 40 bronze books and got blown away

got about 70% of gpa on average, so I won't be doing that again

I don't seem to have luck with the general auction

[yeah .......... tried that once with about 40 bronze books and got blown away

got about 70% of gpa on average, so I won't be doing that again

I don't seem to have luck with the general auction

It's all the luck of whether or not these new deep-pocketed guys have a nice copy of your issue yet or not. There's one or two guys who are just paying any price to get top copies. In another thread, drdonaldblake hinted that he had some inside info that one of them is someone from Hollywood who has enough money such that overpaying by a few thousand on a comic is no concern for them. :gossip:

Last auction, a copy of FF #73 CGC 9.6 sold for over $2K. There was already a better-centered copy of this exact issue for sale on WorldWideComics.com for $800, but I was hoping it'd go for cheaper in the auction. After it ended at $2K in the auction, I snagged the one from WWC immediately. :juggle:

These insane prices aren't going to continue after these deep pockets get their runs done.

Why not just put your e-mail address discreetly on the scan as a form of watermark?

I think Comiclink might have a problem with that :whistle:

I am not trying to circumvent Comiclink, I am all for paying their very reasonable 10% fee. They provide a valuable service, and I would rather pay them 10% than 35% (combined) to Heritage.

I just sometimes wish you could make a SECOND CHANCE OFFER on Comiclink like you can on ebay, that's all (shrug)

You could always do like that one guy and add text to your scans.

RAD8E7552009722_221248.jpg

Who ever did that has pure genuis in marketing skills. Thats thinking outside the box.

As CL will only accept starting bids at half of the listed price -- is it genius or does he make even a starting bid market value?

Maybe someone knowledgeable at what these high grade books sell for might chip in?

...These insane prices aren't going to continue after these deep pockets get their runs done.

Or when their best books get stolen at a party, are no longer interested, and dump their entire collection.

I hope they get discouraged sooner than later...EVERY friggin auction any high grade FF that hasn't been on the market in a while keeps going for 2x to 10x previous market highs. :pullhair: Only book I really wanted yesterday was the CGC 9.2 FF #9, and the thing ends up going for around 5K when the previous high was 3K.

If I had half a financial brain, I'd sell all my 1 to 100 FFs that haven't been to market over the last year or two. hm

I just sometimes wish you could make a SECOND CHANCE OFFER on Comiclink like you can on ebay, that's all (shrug)

Not a bad idea!!! I would LOVE a second chance offer on that Spidey #16 9.4 ow/w......Anybody the buyer of that here? Or know who was? I would love to get in contact with them to make a very generous offer for their win!

Higher PQ doesn't automatically translate to a "better copy" for everyone.

...These insane prices aren't going to continue after these deep pockets get their runs done.

Or when their best books get stolen at a party, are no longer interested, and dump their entire collection.

I hope they get discouraged sooner than later...EVERY friggin auction any high grade FF that hasn't been on the market in a while keeps going for 2x to 10x previous market highs. :pullhair: Only book I really wanted yesterday was the CGC 9.2 FF #9, and the thing ends up going for around 5K when the previous high was 3K.

If I had half a financial brain, I'd sell all my 1 to 100 FFs that haven't been to market over the last year or two. hm

Older labels also seem to be generating heat, based on their perceived "potential".

This book just sold for $1300:

RADB29232009616_105522.jpg

The fact that FFs are hot, that you have books that have not been seen for a few years, and that most of them are older labels (I'm assuming based on what I've seen of your collection and based on the time period that you were actively buying) means that you could potentially make a KILLING. You could then take that money and get yourself a mega-key, and re-assemble the run later. For what it's worth, that's what I would do.