• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Mint, I have a Colecovision MIB (complete, working, all paperwork, original RF connector), a MIB Atari expansion module, a loose and fully working Colecovision console, a set of super action contollers with foam insert but no box, and about a dozen Colecovision games (including two Star Wars) and two Atari games (Pac Man ajd Space Invaders). What's a fair price on the bundle?

Do you have pics. Feel free to PM me.

What two Star Wars games? Boxes and manuals included?

Let me know. Happy to help appraise it for you!

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

PS: If you could list the Coleco games; it would help. Some (very few) can be rare.

The games/cartridges are all loose. I have some of the manuals for a handful of games, but not many. The games all work.

Here are some pics I took when I had it hooked-up to our projector (sorry, no idea what's happening with photobucket):

colecovision_cib.jpg

colecovision_loose.jpg

colecovision_lot.jpg

dk_screenshot.jpg

star_wars_screenshot.jpg

Hello ComicWiz,

I am assuming the system and all the controllers work correctly? Is there only ONE original controller?

The two 'uncommon' games in the lot are definately Star Wars: The Arcade Game and B.C's Quest for Tires. The rest are all very common. These two games are worth selling separately.

I recently sold a complete system in the box with styrofoam packaging with controllers that did not work on BUY IT NOW for $49.95 and it sold within twenty minutes! This was a 'wholesale' price. You system is MUCH better.

These are not hard to find in the box; but do have demand in the box. Assuming you have both original controllers, you could easily get between $100-$150 for the boxed system with games. Do NOT include the Star Wars game or the BC Quest for Tires game in this lot; as to maximize profits you want to sell these separately! If you ONLY have the original controller (one) and a Super Action Controller; I would sell it with the common games; all in one shot and do a $150 or best offer. If you want to try for $175, you could. That being said, I wuld be happy selling the common games, system, and Super Action Controller for $150 (even $125 is good; and should not be turned down in my opinion). Just charge for shipping. Be sure to hype the heck out the included games and the Super Action Controller; as most collectors who buy these want BOTH original controllers.

I believe you said you have the expansion module? If you have a BOXED Atari Expansion Module; I get $30 for them all day long and that is the wholesale price. Loose they are not worth this much. Maybe $15-$20 (loose and working). make sure these work; as sometimes the buttons either stick or the connector gets a little 'rusty' (the metal part that connects/plugs into to the Colecovison console).

The pictures make it hard to see the exact condition of BOTH BC's Quest for Tires and the Star Wars game. That said, the Star Wars game (depending on condition) is worth between $20-$30 alone! If the label is peeling (often the case with Parker Bros. games) you will get a little less.

The BC's Quest for Tires is worth about $10-$15; assuming the cart is in good condition and the wording is readable on the 'label' they used.

If you have further questions I would be happy to answer them. I could only go by what I saw.

I have to ask, how much did you pay for this lot?

Respectfully,

'mint'

Mint, I have a Colecovision MIB (complete, working, all paperwork, original RF connector), a MIB Atari expansion module, a loose and fully working Colecovision console, a set of super action contollers with foam insert but no box, and about a dozen Colecovision games (including two Star Wars) and two Atari games (Pac Man ajd Space Invaders). What's a fair price on the bundle?

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

PS: If you could list the Coleco games; it would help. Some (very few) can be rare.

The games/cartridges are all loose. I have some of the manuals for a handful of games, but not many. The games all work.

Here are some pics I took when I had it hooked-up to our projector (sorry, no idea what's happening with photobucket):

colecovision_cib.jpg

colecovision_loose.jpg

colecovision_lot.jpg

dk_screenshot.jpg

star_wars_screenshot.jpg

Hello ComicWiz,

I am assuming the system and all the controllers work correctly? Is there only ONE original controller?

The two 'uncommon' games in the lot are definately Star Wars: The Arcade Game and B.C's Quest for Tires. The rest are all very common. These two games are worth selling separately.

I recently sold a complete system in the box with styrofoam packaging with controllers that did not work on BUY IT NOW for $49.95 and it sold within twenty minutes! This was a 'wholesale' price. You system is MUCH better.

These are not hard to find in the box; but do have demand in the box. Assuming you have both original controllers, you could easily get between $100-$150 for the boxed system with games. Do NOT include the Star Wars game or the BC Quest for Tires game in this lot; as to maximize profits you want to sell these separately! If you ONLY have the original controller (one) and a Super Action Controller; I would sell it with the common games; all in one shot and do a $150 or best offer. If you want to try for $175, you could. That being said, I wuld be happy selling the common games, system, and Super Action Controller for $150 (even $125 is good; and should not be turned down in my opinion). Just charge for shipping. Be sure to hype the heck out the included games and the Super Action Controller; as most collectors who buy these want BOTH original controllers.

I believe you said you have the expansion module? If you have a BOXED Atari Expansion Module; I get $30 for them all day long and that is the wholesale price. Loose they are not worth this much. Maybe $15-$20 (loose and working). make sure these work; as sometimes the buttons either stick or the connector gets a little 'rusty' (the metal part that connects/plugs into to the Colecovison console).

The pictures make it hard to see the exact condition of BOTH BC's Quest for Tires and the Star Wars game. That said, the Star Wars game (depending on condition) is worth between $20-$30 alone! If the label is peeling (often the case with Parker Bros. games) you will get a little less.

The BC's Quest for Tires is worth about $10-$15; assuming the cart is in good condition and the wording is readable on the 'label' they used.

If you have further questions I would be happy to answer them. I could only go by what I saw.

Respectfully,

'mint'

Thanks for the info Mint! Sorry for the bad pics but I didn't have an opportunity to take new pics.

The MIB Colecovision console is complete, with the original two controllers, original colecovision RF connector, Donkey Kong cartridge, foam inserts, and even the mailer form that came with it. It looks like it wasn't even played with - it is in exceptional condition. The MIB expansion module still has that new electronics smell - I really don't think it was ever used, and absolutely exceptional condition. The boxes on both are in superb condition. The MIB Colecovision console box has a non distracting tear extending from one of the flaps, but all the flaps are intact and the box is still quite sturdy and the graphics are clean.

The loose Colecovision console has both controllers as well, and a replacement RF connector that looks like a period connector probably purchased at Radio Shack when the system first came out. The Super-Action controllers work great. A few of the games have some wear on the sticker/graphics, but the two Star Wars games I've got are in excellent condition.

I picked up the MIB Colecovision's (console and expansion module) and the Super-Action controllers with the insert at a flea market a few years ago for $60. I picked up the loose Colecovision at roughly the same time with all the games for $15 at a garage sale.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

colecovision_cib.jpg

colecovision_loose.jpg

colecovision_lot.jpg

dk_screenshot.jpg

star_wars_screenshot.jpg

Hello ComicWiz,

Respectfully,

'mint'

Thanks for the info Mint! Sorry for the bad pics but I didn't have an opportunity to take new pics.

The MIB Colecovision console is complete, with the original two controllers, original colecovision RF connector, Donkey Kong cartridge, foam inserts, and even the mailer form that came with it. It looks like it wasn't even played with - it is in exceptional condition. The MIB expansion module still has that new electronics smell - I really don't think it was ever used, and absolutely exceptional condition. The boxes on both are in superb condition. The MIB Colecovision console box has a non distracting tear extending from one of the flaps, but all the flaps are intact and the box is still quite sturdy and the graphics are clean.

The loose Colecovision console has both controllers as well, and a replacement RF connector that looks like a period connector probably purchased at Radio Shack when the system first came out. The Super-Action controllers work great. A few of the games have some wear on the sticker/graphics, but the two Star Wars games I've got are in excellent condition.

I picked up the MIB Colecovision's (console and expansion module) and the Super-Action controllers with the insert at a flea market a few years ago for $60. I picked up the loose Colecovision at roughly the same time with all the games for $15 at a garage sale.

Thank you for the added info. If the system is MINT and truly complete; up the price by at least $25. Still, I personally would take $150 for it, but I tend to 'flip' inventory' quickly at below market prices; only because I score it so cheap.

The loose console with a few games in perfect working order can go for anywhere from $30 (on a really bad day on ebay) to $50+

I usually sell loose working systems; complete with games for around $34.95-49.95. I then charge $15.00 flat rate shipping. They sell quickly.

My advice: Hype the heck out of the condition on the near mint in the box system. Trust me, you will get much more for it by emphasing condition.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I sadly am not old enough to have experienced Jarts.

I do remember my supervisor telling me he passed out blackout drunk once, and his friends found him playing Jarts in the middle of the night, only in his Whitey-Tighties. I dont know why I'm telling you all this, but its pretty freaking funny if you ask me.

Do dollar bin finds at the LCS count?

From my local every week subscription "home" shop

IMG_0234.JPG

Some Hercules unbound and some minty marvel sagas

From a shop about 45 minutes away that I'd never been in before but shall go back to asap:

IMG_0235.JPG

Some 12 and 15 cent marvels

IMG_0236.JPG

Some bronze Bats.

Not the greatest of shape, but for a buck, who cares?

That second shop with the marvels and Bats had bins loaded with silver and bronze at that price. Some shredded, most all partially ratty, but hey, it's a buck.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

colecovision_cib.jpg

colecovision_loose.jpg

colecovision_lot.jpg

dk_screenshot.jpg

star_wars_screenshot.jpg

Wow, this brings back memories.

Bought this system with money saved from my first job. (paper route).

Played for hours. Still have the system in the original box at my parents' house.

Unfortunately no controllers. Not sure where those have gone.

Thanks for bringinging back an awesome memory.

Cheers

Day 2 of the flea market - fared a bit better, but only went about halfway through the show. It's about a good 4-6 hours of walking when you're stopping every so often to dig through stuff. Really feeling it from going through the whole show yesterday.

There were some really cool 40's and 50's friction toys at one booth. Most still in the box, but the asking price was nearly full retail. I found the general sentiment of the crowds this year to be "not buying if I like something, but only if I need it."

Another thing I noticed is that most sellers are already set-up the Friday, whereas last year, a good 30% rolled-in on Saturday morning. I overheard many of them complaining that sales were down so far from last year.

Found a Child Guidance Toy's Let's Play at Kentucky Fried Chicken playset - still in the box, which is in really nice shape, and it's missing a few bits but it's otherwise 98% complete. I've only found a few references online so I'm thinking it isn't common - here's one pictures of the set I pulled off eBay:

$(KGrHqMOKiUE4sZHJPfpBO(PgEhIPg~~60_12.JPG

And just before I was about to wrap it up, I stumbled onto a MIB AT-AT Special Offer box. This is a Canadian (GDE/EC) which contained a mint condition AT-AT, instruction and decal sheet. When I was looking it over, I noticed one of the chin guns missing from the array. I tried to look through the rest of the box but didn't bother taking everything out. Between chancing it with the missing chin gun (vintage pairs can go for $40-$50) and the uncertainty on whether the electronics worked, I made an offer which amounted to what a loose AT-AT would sell for.

When I brought it home, I found two vintage Stormtroopers (one even had its original blaster/weapon). Inside the AT-AT was a sealed Kenner Hot Survival Kit bagged, and later inside the box, I found the special offer box and paperwork for the sealed survival kit. As I was cleaning out the box, lodged under one of the flaps was the missing chin gun. :banana:

Tested the electronics and the chin guns light up, with sound and movement.

All in all, it was a good day! :whee:

Found this at a local garage sale today for $1. I know from these boards that it can be hard to come by.

7950994320_cc4fdc605d.jpg

GIJoe155 by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Also found this one at the same garage sale, also for $1. Noticed when I got it home that it was the newstand edition. Not sure of the rarity of this one. Maybe someone here can advise. Thanks!

7950996368_5e26d61f53.jpg

ASM36 by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Edited by Willie Lumpkin