• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Seems like alot of 80's toys are flooding the market if this thread is any indication of the market lol.

Anyways guy came back and brought me my file cards and my puzzle that he forgot.

Puzzle was complete and I am always into interesting items like this.

Toys are a 'whole other animal' and unlike MOST comic books, certain toys are quite hard to find in near mint to complete and new condition. Vintage Star Wars toys (especially carded) will always have a following.

Edited to include clarification: Toys are distinct from comic books; as they generally come with individual parts and are packaged. This makes collecting them much more diverse; and older carded and new toys can be very hard to find.

Well my comment is more based off what I have seen going on as of late. For example over the last couple years I have been slowly plugging away at my collection. Few bucks here and there with seeing high prices for some stuff. Then in the last like 6 months I have been coming across many collections. This last collection I bought was because the guy needed money and he was moving up north and didnt want to bother with it anymore. There was a lot of great pieces that would have cost me easily $5-15 in the general market.

But its not only that but a local lcs has hoardes of it because an other reseller has been also been buying(my nemisis lol) so hes fully stocked but has high prices so it sits there.

Then there has been a guy who hasnt had anything for awhile and now he has carded figures sitting there along with some other people I know just seem to be finding it everywhere now.

Sure in times like this stuff comes out of the woodwork but it just seems to be flooding the market. Look at the inventory of someone like kokomo toys and such. Even he has been lowering prices realizing.

Anyways just a generic view I guess of what I see happening and not only just with joes but Star Wars, transformers and other stuff.

:)

I like how your Star Wars figure pick up included the millennium falcon

lightsaber training ball - that is the grail piece that a lot of those toys

come up missing.

Not only that nerf, but if you look carefully at the jedi training arm in the picture, it has the actual peg lodged inside the hole of the arm. The peg is usually affixed to the Falcon. That peg is how the training arm mounts to the ship. I've seen quite a few Falcon's in my time which not only have the training arm missing, but the peg snapped off. The bottom of the peg couldn't be straigther too, so if someone is in need of a peg, I've got the whole kit and kaboodle. lol

Getting the peg, training arm, original string and ball all in one - that's a first for me :insane:

This last collection I bought was because the guy needed money and he was moving up north and didnt want to bother with it anymore.

You're in Canada, was the guy moving to the North Pole?

This last collection I bought was because the guy needed money and he was moving up north and didnt want to bother with it anymore.

You're in Canada, was the guy moving to the North Pole?

Nope, just up north.

Found this in a small town antique store yesterday. One of the hardest to find! The owner actually gave it to me free after ringing it up... she was pretty zany.

pooh020.jpg

Then this morning went to a shop that used to be a comic store but is now an odds and ends store- the guy has tons of comics and a room full that he can't get to and even more here, there and elsewhere... Says he quit dealing during the 90s bust & doubt he has any serious comic buyers anymore.The place is pretty secluded and semi-obscure from view. I was only able to look through a few long boxes before he was ready to close for the day and found this in his bargain boxes (comics for $1.25 each):

mm023.jpg

I plan to go back when I have all day to look more.

Edited by iggy

I was out shopping the flea market today, and picked up a few good items for resale such as an N64, some N64 controllers, Super Nintendo system and an original NES. The best find of the day however was this little guy:

DragonWarrior4.jpg

The best part is, the save battery still works after all these years.

I bought everything he had. The three pictured I bought from a guy who's Uncle had passed them on to him, I also got a Amazing Adult Fantasy 11 too out of the deal, but the cover is shreaded. The guts are still complete though. Unfortunately he told me that his uncle sold his ASM #1 a few years before he gave him these books :frustrated:

The ~30 other books I picked up from a different garage sale. The guy had two boxes, one DC, one Marvel. The DC was really beat so I passed, but the Marvels were all nice. He couldn't find his second Marvel box but he's going to call me when he finds it. He swears it has some early ASM and X-men #3. :headbang:

havent posted in here for a while so here goes,

A whole bunch of stuff and goodies from all over.

its all very eclectic.

Another pile of Future magazines which makes my collection almost complete.

Photobucket

A huge stack of Agatha Christies books.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a Jim Steranko book made especially for the Winnipeg exhibition in 1978.

Photobucket

Edited by montrealfilmguy

Found this in a small town antique store yesterday. One of the hardest to find! The owner actually gave it to me free after ringing it up... she was pretty zany.

pooh020.jpg

:golfclap:

I looked over a collection of 4 longboxes at some guys house 1 year ago.

I made him a fair offer for the lot & he said he'd think it over for a day.

When I rang back his wife told me he'd given them to a friend to sell for him

& hey ho, they were gone :cry:

Jump forward 1 year (today) and I'm at a car boot sale here in the UK.

There's a guy who I've never seen before with 4 longboxes of comics!

How much do you want for the comics? I ask him.

£1 each ($1.60)

Have you sold many I ask?

loads mate, I've been doing this for about 1 year.

Gutted as it was the same lot I'd seen a year previously.

Oh well, here's the stuff I snagged for £1 each :grin:

Deadpool 41 - 50 & 68, 69

dp.jpg

Tarot 2 - 6 & 10

tarot.jpg

Prestige stuff

prsetige.jpg

1st issues

1.jpg

odds

other.jpg

and some other rubbish

ult.jpg

Those Christie books are pretty sweet. Nice find.

I've never read one Agatha book,so if you nice people could recommend one in the pile i should start with,it would be appreciated.

I have a few other pics to post later on today with some other stuff.

Witness for the Prosecution is probably the most well known in that pile, it was even made into a movie. Enjoy reading them!

Yup, couldn't believe it.

I remember seeing the Ultimate Spiderman 1 variant when I first went through them.

I did not expect to see that again.

Not to mention the Spidey vol2, 36 :o