• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Picked this up at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I've been looking for one. Solid oak all the way around with beveled glass. Four hinged doors, two on each side. Not a scratch or a nick on it.

I removed all the glass and doors and cleaned everything and polished the oak. Even has a light. $100.00 bucks out the door. I collect die-cast construction machines also and they fit in it perfect.

curiocabinet003.jpg

curiocabinet002.jpg

curiocabinet001.jpg

diecastsdisplay004.jpg

diecastsdisplay006.jpg

diecastsdisplay001.jpg

diecastsdisplay003.jpg

Nice collection, I like that

Does that joy pad read CTART?

Good eye! :golfclap:

I don't think Spell-Check is as appreciated as it should be.

Or, Cpell-Check as the case may be. :eek:

Made a call today to a fella that says he's got 16 boxes of comics that were his wife's deceased uncles (76 years old). Doesn't have a clue about the books, but wanted someone to tell him what they were worth. I drove over, looked at them, and the story didn't fit the books after I'd sifted through all the 15 short boxes, and pulled out the best items (ASM 300, Astonishing Tales 25, Walking Dead -script Book #1, Magnus Robot Hunter 2, 3 valiant days, and a few others like that) I told him the value of those books in general and said the rest would be the type of books a comic store has thousands of and probably wouldn't want. He asked me if I wanted to buy them, and I said nope, then he said did I want to just take them away, so I said ............. ok.

The funny thing is I don't think his story was untrue....or at least part as he'd paid media mail to ship these boxes to Alaska to the tune of $14-$15/box...so he paid $225 just to ship these books up....too bad he didn't call me before he shipped as I'd have told him to leave them in Tennessee lol

I gave the guy some cash anyway as there were some supllies, boards, bags, dividers etc and for the few books that I'd pulled out that were of interest. I'm laughingly wondering if I gave him too much as I sifted through the boxes later....just nothing I collect at all, but there was a short box full of gladstones and other later valiant issues, a run of the johhny quest, and other things like that might be a fun read. Just not my collecting focus.....oh well......if I can find the time, I'll take them down to the local auction house and sell them there for whatever to get my money back. I may put a few of the better books on the boards and see if there are any takers.....

cheers

I got a Sega DreamCast ... with 10 games...

I love Dreamcast, which games do you have for it?

sadly they were all sports and like racing.

Dreamcast was great! My buddy had somehow managed to find a site that had all the games, he had a library burned of over a 100 and convinced me to buy a console (I think it was around 70 or 80 because they stopped making the games), so I got a ton of entertainment dirt cheap!

Mrs. X picked these up at an Estate Sale. They appear to be ink sketches of Castles with the descriptions in Kings English. One of them is dated 1776.

They appear to be original and I should probably get them cleaned up and put them in a nice Mylar top loader. They look pretty cool.

inksketches002.jpg

inksketches001.jpg

inksketches004.jpg

inksketches003.jpg

inksketches006.jpg

inksketches005.jpg

Edited by DR.X

i don't flee market/ garage sale... but this thread is always a WIN! :headbang:

the key really is persistence... you don't find much at all, most of the time. But if you keep your eyes peeled, and stop at that thrift sale even if you REALLY REALLY dont want to.... thats when you find a gem.

you should take a few shots in the dark, never know what you might find

I got a Sega DreamCast ... with 10 games...

I love Dreamcast, which games do you have for it?

ugh they were all mess games.. NBA2k, Nfl2k, Bass fishing, Rainbow six, a couple of racing games.... scratched to mess...

It was weird because the system/box and system paperwork is in GREAT shape, but they abused the games. I almost thought I would find a friggin Beiber CD with it, the games were in BAD BAD Taste.

MUST BUY GOOD GAMES...!

Edited by ForlornOutcast