• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I still wasn't done. Stopped at a place that I thought I would never go to again. Place used to be a dump but it's a lot better now. Decided to stop in and picked up a few classic comics:

Wyatt Earp #3 (Atlas, 1956)

Horny Biker Sluts #1 in VF/NM

Verotika #3 NM (Frank Frazetta cover)

Wendy Whitebread, Undercover Slut #1 NM+

Classics for sure! lol

Given the titles you bought, not surprised you were hesitant to go to that neighbourhood.

Nice scores, though.

All I ever find at the Flea Markets here are bent frisbees and bedazzled jeans.

I still wasn't done. Stopped at a place that I thought I would never go to again. Place used to be a dump but it's a lot better now. Decided to stop in and picked up a few classic comics:

Classics for sure! lol

Given the titles you bought, not surprised you were hesitant to go to that neighbourhood.

Nice scores, though.

It's not that the place was in a bad neighborhood. It's just that there was no effort at all previously to keep the place reasonably organized. They've now repainted the front of the store, added concrete in front where it used to be gravel and the inside of the store is much cleaner and much more organized than it used to be. It was hard to find squat in there before.

Classics for sure! lol

Nice scores, though.

In bad neighbourhoods, you find bent dudes and vagazzled women.

-slym

Can someone please help me out? I was walking around a shopping center with my family earlier today and came across those GI joes.

Are they worth anything?

Also I have my eyes on a G1 Optimus Prime MIB. I think I can snag it for $50............Box is rough but complete, the figure itself is pristine.

3Kc3F73L45K35J85t3d65c8e8901ce29a1b31_zpse84cf0a2.jpg

Edited by MrDeafComics

Can someone please help me out? I was walking around a shopping center with my family earlier today and came across those GI joes.

Are they worth anything?

Also I have my eyes on a G1 Optimus Prime MIB. I think I can snag it for $50............Box is rough but complete, the figure itself is pristine.

3Kc3F73L45K35J85t3d65c8e8901ce29a1b31_zpse84cf0a2.jpg

I'm no GI Joe expert, but definitely grab the prime.

I did some research on that G1 optimus prime. You guys are right. He is asking $65. This might be the start of a g1 transformer collection for me!!!

Thank you.

I vote that it should be the start of a quick flip for you!

I did some research on that G1 optimus prime. You guys are right. He is asking $65. This might be the start of a g1 transformer collection for me!!!

Thank you.

I vote that it should be the start of a quick flip for you!

I can not resist a flip but I need to start saving some of those goodies!!! This is why I love those places. Good finds to be had.

Can someone please help me out?

Take it and Run

Can someone please help me out?

Take it and Run

Just make sure that it is indeed the original Prime and not the re-issue. (thumbs u

Thank you.

That's about the going price for a reissue. As others have suggested, make sure it is complete, no damage, missing parts, etc. The price Chip quoted is more or less the going price for a boxed (in decent shape) Prime, but the little things like the instructions, decoder and other paperwork could bring up the value.

Here is what the 84' G1 Prime should include:

Optimus Prime Transformer

Box

Roller

2 Fists

Gun

4 Missiles

Hose with attachments

Tech Specs Decoder, Label Sheet, & Instruction Sheet

Poster Checklist

Mail-Away Transformers offer sheet

It looks complete.

I have a question. I saw some of those fuel cars being blue and some being grey. The little rolling car.

Why is that one piece different? This one is grey.

Also on the box, the "formers" starts in middle under "A" in "trans"

3Lf3s73qf5G95qe5Hfd6lcabb0e26d5ca1545_zps6767f0af.jpg

Edited by MrDeafComics

To my knowledge, there were at least 3 versions of Hasbro's G1 84' Prime. The earliest release was thought to be born from the Diaclone era (refers to earlier release as Battle Convoy from Takara's Diaclone Car Robo toy line in Japan). Collectors have identified releases by differences in the accessories. Earliest releases had silver/gray missiles, bloated fists, bloated gun, and a dark blue roller. The gray roller and black missiles were used on later releases. Generally speaking, this is a great question to be asking when buying vintage toys because there is always a possibility that when parts are different in some way, shape or colour, there is a chance they might be reproduction/replacement and not original.

To my knowledge, there were at least 3 versions of Hasbro 84 Prime. The earliest release was thought to be born from the Diaclone era (refers to earlier release as Battle Convoy from Takara's Diaclone Car Robo toy line in Japan). Collectors have identified releases by differences in the accessories. Earliest releases had silver/grey missiles, bloated fists, bloated gun, and a dark blue roller. The grey roller and black missiles were used on later releases. Generally speaking, this is a great question to be asking when buying vintage toys because there is always a possibility that when parts are different in some way, shape or colour, there is a chance they might be reproduction/replacement and not original.

or it could be a double secret probation even limiteder edition.

Still considered original isn't it?

So far I see nothing that bothers me from his pictures. I am just waiting on his reply. I hate the waiting game. :frustrated::frustrated:

Would be nice to obtain this as my first figure. I have been waiting for a really good buy to start off the collection.

Always good to ask if all parts are original. The rest is really more about protecting your butt and doing some research to ensure everything is original. I can't say conclusively that it all is based on the photo you provided, but I did want to at least respond to your question regarding why the roller was gray.