• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,893 posts in this topic

That picture is like trying to find waldo...and these are all $1.99?

But I do see a Magnus 12 (first appearance of turok), grab that for sure. Any pre-unity and late issues are definitely worth picking up. I think I see Magnus 2? If that's the case, grab it, I would wager the coupon is inside.

Also, newsstand issues/price variants, grab those as well. If you do go back, and don't mind writing down each Valiant book, I'll tell you whether it's worth it to buy.

It is kinda funny seeing all those 90s books just tossed on the rack, lol.

There's a Magnus #1 at the lower right of the first picture.

That picture is like trying to find waldo...and these are all $1.99?

But I do see a Magnus 12 (first appearance of turok), grab that for sure. Any pre-unity and late issues are definitely worth picking up. I think I see Magnus 2? If that's the case, grab it, I would wager the coupon is inside.

Also, newsstand issues/price variants, grab those as well. If you do go back, and don't mind writing down each Valiant book, I'll tell you whether it's worth it to buy.

It is kinda funny seeing all those 90s books just tossed on the rack, lol.

There's a Magnus #1 at the lower right of the first picture.

Correct, #1, not number 2.

This thread motivated me to go out again this weekend.

I was able to snag 2 hasbro star wars clone trooper helmets for $20.

I was shocked at how well this was made. I think I will try my hand at some bondo work and a custom paint job.

IMG_0816_zps6bcf7c62.jpg

I can't let this photo pass without inquiring about the superhero frog thing on the left - what is that?

lol it is Frogman. It is a character that I am currently working on for a children's book.

I sculpted the whole thing out of Super Sculpey. I also did the environment for it but it is in storage.

Edited by MrDeafComics

I just randomly walked into a local dollar store yesterday and found these for $1.99 a piece. They range from about 9.4 to 9.8 in condition. Needless to say, I feel that it was a good day!

20130804_070923_zpsd3d2ecc8.jpg

I went back to this dollar store and found a few more books. (Oh, and the two ASM 361s are currently at CGC being graded).

I took pictures of the store. It was like going back in time to a comic shop in 1992.

I was considering all the Valiants, but I'm not too familiar with Valiants or if any of them are valuable.

Anyone see any books there that are worth buying? (I picked up most of the Spider-Man books).

Thanks.

20130807_143452_zps5d87d466.jpg

20130807_143454_zpsf08e8b73.jpg

20130807_143456_zps2f826928.jpg

For the read: any of the X-Cutioner's Song. Great crossover. For investing, not so much.

Almost bought a 1974 spidey and 1973 bats Mego dolls in the box. The figures were nice, but the boxes were not. Heavily faded, and numerous creases and scuffs. $125 each was the price he wanted. Not to familiar with the pricing, but didn't feel comfortable paying that much. I saw Spidey was the highest production figure, made every year, and readily available. Any thoughts?

Almost bought a 1974 spidey and 1973 bats Mego dolls in the box. The figures were nice, but the boxes were not. Heavily faded, and numerous creases and scuffs. $125 each was the price he wanted. Not to familiar with the pricing, but didn't feel comfortable paying that much. I saw Spidey was the highest production figure, made every year, and readily available. Any thoughts?

Were they sealed, or opened?

Taped, which may have still been intact, I didn't play with it too much. The dolls were nice. And they appeared to have been the Canadian version, unless there was French on the U.S. of A. version too.

Those sound more likely to be Canadian examples. Hard to say without seeing the kind of shape they're in, but a lot of the value is held up in having all the original accessories, clothing, and the condition of the box. I'm assuming these were the 6 inch action figures? If so, I think, based on your description, it's probably priced optimistically. But it's tough to say. I was seeing a seller next to me at the last toy show I did, selling them in repro boxes for about $100 and up. The figures he had were beautiful though, and all with original accessories, etc.

Went to a church book sale today. All the comics sold before we got there unfortunately, but they had some cool stuff buried in the piles.

Included is one of the odder things I've come across. This is a set of competitive choose your own adventure Marvel RPG books put out by TSR in 1986. From what I gather, one players reads a book where they are Dr. Doom while a second player reads a book where they are the Fantastic Four. They each read through their own choose your own adventure stories, but somehow at certain moments the books intersect - I'm not sure how - and the players battle each other using charts in the books.

I've never heard of competitive reading before. Too weird!

SAM_0828.jpg

I also picked up these classics from the same sale:

SAM_0826.jpg

Most of the time I find junk at yard sales, until the last one where I scored a New Mutants 98 and Amazing Spider-Man 298, 299 and 300 for $25. All were in 9.2 or better condition and just needed new bags and boards. Probably wont happen again, but I was really stoked about it.

I just randomly walked into a local dollar store yesterday and found these for $1.99 a piece. They range from about 9.4 to 9.8 in condition. Needless to say, I feel that it was a good day!

20130804_070923_zpsd3d2ecc8.jpg

I went back to this dollar store and found a few more books. (Oh, and the two ASM 361s are currently at CGC being graded).

I took pictures of the store. It was like going back in time to a comic shop in 1992.

I was considering all the Valiants, but I'm not too familiar with Valiants or if any of them are valuable.

Anyone see any books there that are worth buying? (I picked up most of the Spider-Man books).

Thanks.

20130807_143452_zps5d87d466.jpg

20130807_143454_zpsf08e8b73.jpg

20130807_143456_zps2f826928.jpg

Ughhh... Those photos are like revisiting a nightmare. I remember when those were all on the newsstand the first time... :sick:

It's amazing that ANY of those issues hold any monetary value.

Good luck with the #361s.

I see a Magnus 12 in there. Get that.

I went back for the Magnus 12, but it was in 8.0 condition at best, so I left it.

I picked up the Magnus 1, which is maybe a 9.2.

The Silver Surfer 44 was in maybe 6.0 condition, so I left that too.

I'm fairly certain I cleaned them out of all the good stuff.