• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Chew 1-12 all first prints for .25/ea. Not a Tec 27 but still a decent score.

20130824_133445_zps0883f556.jpg

Niiiiice!!!

What condition were they in?

Where'd you get them? A flea market, tag sale, etc?

VF+ to NM+, the no. 1 needs a good press and I think it could go as high as 9.6, definitely a 9.4 if it was sent to Joeypost. There was a small Con by me, called Mighty Con. They had about 15-20 dealers set up. I was just about to leave and I walked by this small booth that had one short box of books. I leafed through them and came across the Chew 1, I looked up and asked for a price and when I heard ".25 or 5 for $1" I nearly fell over. I grabbed the whole run and left smiling ear to ear.

Nothing comic related today, but I did pull a few cool things out of the local Goodwill.

The Topps Ugly Stickers on the 45 tote (which was full of '70s pop & rock singles) sealed the deal for me, and I can't remember the last time I found a vintage concert shirt "in the wild":

good-will-haul-8-24.jpg

The shirt would have been a perfect fit for me...when I was 15. So sadly, this one is off to eBay...

Nothing comic related today, but I did pull a few cool things out of the local Goodwill.

The Topps Ugly Stickers on the 45 tote (which was full of '70s pop & rock singles) sealed the deal for me, and I can't remember the last time I found a vintage concert shirt "in the wild":

good-will-haul-8-24.jpg

The shirt would have been a perfect fit for me...when I was 15. So sadly, this one is off to eBay...

Cool haul! Seing that 45 records spool is pretty neat - never saw one before.

I could see where they got the idea for the CD/DVD's spools they use when you buy them by the 50's or 100's.

Cool haul! Seing that 45 records spool is pretty neat - never saw one before.

I could see where they got the idea for the CD/DVD's spools they use when you buy them by the 50's or 100's.

Yeah, they're pretty cool: this one is probably from the early/mid '70s -- my older cousin had one just like it at about the same time.

The records in it were even better: everything from "Star Wars Theme" to Joe Tex's "Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)".

:headbang:

Now THAT's a song!!!

Not a flea market find but I got a very pleasant surprise today. :)

Our local Vintage Stock stores were having a Labor Day weekend sale. All comics are buy one get one free. I picked up 20-30 cheap books on Friday and decided to go back again today. I normally come in from the north but this time came from the other direction.

There's a Half Price Books store just to the south of the Vintage Stock so I thought "what the hell" and popped in there first. They normally have a lot of Copper and Modern Age comics so I go in there rather infrequently. So I was very surprised - no, SHOCKED - to see a bunch of Tales of Suspense books in there between issues 48-96 at very nice prices. I also found a Thor #126 and a number of nice Justice League issues between 19 and 106. And to top it all off everything in the store was 20% off. :banana:

Here's the list:

Tales of Suspense #48, 54, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 66, 72, 73, 75, 85, 86, 91, 96

Thor #126

Justice League of America #19, 45, 87, 88, 90, 92, 99, 103, 104, 105, 106

Some of the TOS and JLA are so nice I'm considering sending some of them in for CGC grading. :whee:

I'll post some pics/scans later this evening. (thumbs u

So following along the same lines as the post above, I went to my local shop as I've been looking for Marvel Super-heroes 13 the first Carol Danvers. To my shock and awe the store not only had that, but also a Marvel super-heroes 12 (first Captain Marvel)! To make it even better, 13 was selling for $15, while the 12 was at $25. Basically 40 for both each in VG condition! Going off of recent prices I've seen, I'd say it was a steal! I'll post some pics later, but wow I'm floored. These were like garage sale prices!

BTW they have another Marvel Superheroes 12 if anyone is looking. I'll pick it up for you if you want.

I decided to check out the local flea market and kill some time yesterday morning.

This flea market that I go to never really has any comic stuff. Most of the time it's estate sale jewelry or local fresh baked goods. But this time I saw two different vendors with random comic boxes.

I picked up 23 books for $20. Here is a quick snap of them

tuIIRSil.jpg

f7H1AC1l.jpg

Ogsislgl.jpg

uCDZKn9l.jpg

Edited by Eddragon

I decided to check out the local flea market and kill some time yesterday morning.

This flea market that I go to never really has any comic stuff. Most of the time it's estate sale jewelry or local fresh baked goods. But this time I saw two different vendors with random comic boxes.

tuIIRSil.jpg

f7H1AC1l.jpg

Ogsislgl.jpg

uCDZKn9l.jpg

Looks like some nice books there. It seems a lot of people got some great deals this weekend. :banana:

tuIIRSil.jpg

f7H1AC1l.jpg

Ogsislgl.jpg

uCDZKn9l.jpg

$20 for all 23 books? The Adventure #257 probably costs close to that in this condition. That was a sweet deal. (thumbs u

Thanks! I was really happy to score the war books - everything else was icing on the cake :-)

The Adventure 257 is fairly beat up - a 2.0 at best. I'll post a scan later tonight.

The rest of the comics average out somewhere between 6.0 to 7.0. The newer batmans look a tad better, in the 8.0 to 9.0s

purchased this several months ago at my local flea market. I've tried to determine where it's from but have not been successful. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction or has seen it before.

no signatures, no #'s or anything on the cell. Thanks!

DSC_1279_zps2d656005.jpg

purchased this several months ago at my local flea market. I've tried to determine where it's from but have not been successful. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction or has seen it before.

DSC_1279_zps2d656005.jpg

It looks just like the cover of this Hulk paperback book from 1966.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-Paperback-1960s-VF-NM-Monterey-Copy-/350759690361?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51aae82079

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-Paperback-1960s-VF-NM-Monterey-Copy-/350759690361?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51aae82079

Looks a lot like it. What's funny is mine looks like an animation cel. Was also trying to determine the artist.

Looks a lot like it. What's funny is mine looks like an animation cel. Was also trying to determine the artist.

Ok that helped. The cover to the trade was done by Kirby.

http://www.printmag.com/featured/you-cant-judge-kirby-by-his-covers/

Ok that helped. The cover to the trade was done by Kirby.

http://www.printmag.com/featured/you-cant-judge-kirby-by-his-covers/

That exact image of the Hulk has been used a lot.

It looks cool. I'm guessing with the background imagery it was produced in mass as a display piece in the early 2000s. Just a guess as going by the overall presentation style and the animation cell like aspect.