• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros sues in the case of 10 million worth of Batman dvds stolen!

23 posts in this topic

"Studios periodically destroy excess DVD product" doh!

Consumerism and profit margins gone mad.

Why not just donate them to childrens' hospitals - it is only a kids' film, right?

Why not just donate them to childrens' hospitals - it is only a kids' film, right?

Yea. Especially the scene where the Joker blows up the hospital. :insane:

Nice idea Andrew but you know it will never happen. Too many bad people in the world. Thats why we need our heroes.

Yea. Especially the scene where the Joker blows up the hospital. :insane:

Plenty of kids watching it in the cinema when I was there.

Don't kids today see worse things in computer games hm

No I ment for kids in the hospital! lol

But yea, video games? Ugh. (Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Grand Theft Auto in order to kill computer generated hookers!)

Reading too many comic books has released your violent side BL.

Wertham was right all along!

But yea, video games? Ugh. (Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Grand Theft Auto in order to kill computer generated hookers!)

It's true. Archie was a terrible influence on my life. I became a crack dealer by the age of 15, and then I started stealing cars at 17. It's been a downward spiral ever since!

:jokealert:

It's true. Archie was a terrible influence on my life. I became a crack dealer by the age of 15, and then I started stealing cars at 17. It's been a downward spiral ever since!

Are you really Cap Freak?

Are you really Cap Freak?

No my hair is cooler.

And soon you'll be pressing comics.

:busy:

When I had a store I found that stores in the area regularly threw out perfectly good items that were pulls returns or scratch and dent. The local bed bath and beyond threw out damaged or returned items. I had a "garbage guy" who would come by and hawk me the scratch and dent stuff. I bought a CD player from him once that worked perfectly but had a scratch across the front. I bought an LcD TV from him that was missing a remote and power cord.

Hallmark store owners often destroy the end of the season items. They are required to throw them in the trash to write them off. The lady down from me had dumpsters full of wrapping paper cards and gifts all new unopened. I also found that several people would go by her dumpster and fish the stuff out for resale. One day I got cases of Superman and Batman stickers and wrapping papers.(I couldn't stand to see them dumped.) She said she left the items visible in the dumpster because she hated having to toss them out but hallmark guidelines required unsold items be written off as a loss not donated or given away. But if people rescued them for the dumpster she didn't "see it"

The local walmart threw out DVDs & CDs that were pulls or removed from stock. I sold used dvds and people would come by with dozens of the same titles. I knew they were probably walmart dumpster divers.

Our local Goodwill (hoodwill is more like it goodwill is a sham and perpetuates a fraud on the community by masquerading as a charity,which they are not)

Anyway Goodwill doesn't donate clothes it can't sell to needy people they bundle those goods and auction them off to third world nations for a profit. The items that cannot be bundled or unloaded they SHRED they have a dumpster sized shredder outside their back door. Toys books magazine shoes anything they deem unsaleable on the premises goes in the shredder. This is to prevent homeless or others from scouring the goodwill garbage for usable items.

We live in society that has skewed ideas about writing off damaged or outdated goods. They would rather throw away perfectly good items or destroy them and write it off as a loss than donate it somewhere and have to put it in on their taxes.

We live in society that has skewed ideas about writing off damaged or outdated goods. They would rather throw away perfectly good items or destroy them and write it off as a loss than donate it somewhere and have to put it in on their taxes.

WB is even worse in this case, destroying surplus copies to keep prices inflated.

If you ran these companies, you'd delete them too. You've got to figure that 20% or so of those extras would end up in the hands of people who would've otherwise bought their own copy, meaning that your good deed costs you a LOT of money.

Marvel and DC did this exact same thing. All those comics they destroyed that didn't sell at convenience stores and supermarkets for all those decades also could've been donated, but nope, they were all destroyed (except the ones distributers illegally didn't destroy, such as the Mile High II collection).