• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Are You Reading Right Now?

115 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been done a bazillion times, but I've not seen it. Let's call this a bazillion and one.

List any comics and or trades that you are currently reading and discuss it if you feel like it. Maybe we can get some LCS style conversations going.

You know, no big whoop. Just coffee. Just talk,

Church and State Vol 1 (second time around). I go thru stages where I love/hate Dave Sim. Right now, I'm in a love fugue, and this is one of the best things ever done in the medium. Starting volume 2 tonight.

The Amazing Spider-Man 599, 600, Annual 36. Not bad. Annual 36 brought back a horrible concept of a few years ago that was better off left for dead. The issues were pretty good. Nice to see XXX make an appearance on the last page of 600, and I like what they are doing to Harry right now.

100 Bullets- volumes 3 and 4. I am so glad I picked up this series. Oh man, this is great crime noir. I am loving this series, and think I'm going to love it all the way to it's conclusion.

My short reading list for now:

Supermen! - Cool to be able to see some Golden Age material that I would otherwise be unable to read.

Batman Chronicles Vol 3 - Early Batman is must reading for anybody and I love this stuff - quintessential GA work.

Harley Quinn's comic debut because...well, I'm me. And it's wonderful.

I'm waiting on The Boys vol. 4 to come out because I started with vol 1 and 2 and can't switch between graphic novels and short comics. It makes my OCD a sad, sad panda.

Other than that, I'm sitting on my thumbs and waiting for the prices of textbooks. :(

Also, the new series of New Mutants 1-3.

DRX

You enjoying it?

Well, I really liked the first series, still have eight or ten off the rack number ones. Thought it was a pretty good run. Collected them all. This new one,..............havent decided yet. Kind of mediocre so far. There is very little modern stuff that interests me, but being a fan of the old series I thought I'd give it a shot.

DRX

I'm waiting on The Boys vol. 4 to come out because I started with vol 1 and 2 and can't switch between graphic novels and short comics. It makes my OCD a sad, sad panda.

Other than that, I'm sitting on my thumbs and waiting for the prices of textbooks. :(

Ennis is one of those guys I simply cannot enjoy. His over the top vulgarity just makes me shun him. Sad, cause he's creative.

Ennis is one of those guys I simply cannot enjoy. His over the top vulgarity just makes me shun him. Sad, cause he's creative.

Mmm....see that's part of why I think I like it. xD I'm surrounded by 20 yr old boys all the time, this stuff is actually more mature than they are :Plol

Plus, it answers that time old question...who watches the watchmen? ;)lol. Couldn't help myself there. Sorry. -ahem-

I just reread the Hellboy Library Edition vol 1. Was going to go read vol 2 but I might wait on it. Tomorrow I'll be getting my shipment in. Gonna get the PvP Awesomology and the first 5 Walking Dead trades. Gonna be a lot of reading in the Snider home.

I know it doesn't really count but I'm "reading" Born Standing Up, Steve Martin's biography. I subscribe to Audible.com so my rule is if it is unabridged it is reading.

Mmm....see that's part of why I think I like it. xD I'm surrounded by 20 yr old boys all the time, this stuff is actually more mature than they are :Plol

Plus, it answers that time old question...who watches the watchmen? ;)lol. Couldn't help myself there. Sorry. -ahem-

okay, now you've intrigued me with your Watchmen reference. hm

see, that's the thing about Ennis. he's a clever lad, no question. he's just sooooo bloody vulgar.

Alias Omnibus

Superman Chronicles Vol. 2

Spirit Archives # 22

Parker - The Hunter HC

Killraven Essentials

All-Star Superman Vol. 1

and Transmet vol. 5

I read one issue in each in turn.

I'm about to pick the Spirit Archives back up with volume 17, and Transmet is on my short list of trades to read soon.

Just finished The Invisibles, currently rereading Cerebus, started and need to finish Moore's Swamp Thing, in the middle of 100 Bullets, and then probably Transmet.

I'm actually dying to read a $2 copy of Batman Family from a comic shop.

I'll likely check it out any day now.

okay, now you've intrigued me with your Watchmen reference. hm

see, that's the thing about Ennis. he's a clever lad, no question. he's just sooooo bloody vulgar.

Oh, are you kidding me?! That's the whole premise of the comic! :heart:

Which part of the vulgarity bothers you? The sex, blood, violence...?