• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can someone tell me the gpa prices of xmen 58...

93 posts in this topic

i have been looking to get this book for a little while now but was hoping someone could share the prices its been selling at for the cgc grade 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5...

i would subscribe to gpa but i just dont buy enough cgc books for it to be worth my while so was hoping someone could help. thanks.

What you might be unaware of is the fact that the owner of GPA is a well-respected member here. Perhaps if you offered to give some of whatever it is you produce to him free of charge, he'd rustle up those figures for you. (thumbs u

I know for a fact George is a sucker for a good omelette. (thumbs u

egg_img2.jpg

What you might be unaware of is the fact that the owner of GPA is a well-respected member here. Perhaps if you offered to give some of whatever it is you produce to him free of charge, he'd rustle up those figures for you. (thumbs u

:golfclap:

These requests - and the replies to them - are a slap in the face to GPAnalysis and those of us who support the company. The owner has had the grace never to complain about it so I wanted to take a minute to stand up for him.

If it were up to me, replying to these questions should lead to an automatic strike.

:eek: Good thing it isn't up to you then as surely there are better reasons for giving someone a strike than this!

ss5rmp, I'm sure you've noticed by this point that some members of the boards feel pretty strongly about not sharing this information. Frankly, if I had a subscription, I'd be more than happy sharing the info as I see it no differently than info out of the Overstreet Guide. But I don't.

I'd suggest checking Heritage as they allow users to reference past sales as well as eBay's completed sales and ComicLink for other current prices. You can get a pretty good general idea of a book's FMV pricing w/o any hassle. :)

I'd be more than happy sharing the info as I see it no differently than info out of the Overstreet Guide.

if you had a subscription why would you feel compelled to give him the information?

requests like this certainly warrant a strike!

overstreet is published once a year and by the time it hits newsstands the info. is already old. as long as you don't photocopy it who really cares if you give a friend information because it's essentially like reading a year old non-fiction! moreover it's entirely different with someone like gpa who runs a business that is constantly updating and changing their databases and services to meet the needs of customers. the people supporting it are banking on memberships and building new clientele in order to put food on the table. anyways no one who writes for overstreet gets paid; the publisher only makes money off sales so there is a hell of a lot less to loose. can't you see? give me a break!

It's late, I'm tired, and I have a baby to change and feed in a few minutes so I'd suggest using the search function to follow past conversations on this topic in depth.

But boiled down, I'm just tired of people being snarky (at best) to others for committing a mistake that they probably didn't even realize they were making. Over in the sales marketplace, we have a nice template response for sellers who don't follow the guidlines for the marketplace. It accomplishes the goal of 1. getting people to follow accepted community guidelines and 2. does so in a polite, productive way.

There's your break! (thumbs u

Slabbed silver and bronze X-Men issues come up for auction very frequently at Heritage. When they do, Heritage provides a link to GPA prices for those issues.

I'd be more than happy sharing the info as I see it no differently than info out of the Overstreet Guide.

if you had a subscription why would you feel compelled to give him the information?

overstreet is published once a year and by the time it hits newsstands the info. is already old. as long as you don't photocopy it who really cares if you give a friend information because it's essentially like reading a year old non-fiction! moreover it's entirely different with someone like gpa who runs a business that is constantly updating and changing their databases and services to meet the needs of customers. the people supporting it are banking on memberships and building new clientele in order to put food on the table. anyways no one who writes for overstreet gets paid; the publisher only makes money off sales so there is a hell of a lot less to loose. can't you see? give me a break!

So someone asking a question (not that I agree with it or giving the answer) deserves a strike? :screwy:

SOUPNAZI.png

So someone asking a question (not that I agree with it or giving the answer) deserves a strike? :screwy:

SOUPNAZI.png

this has nothing to with a "comment that you do not agree with or like." what it boils down to is someone pilfering or taking copyrighted material; or let me rephrase that information that is part of a paid service designed for members only. it's essentially like asking for a water cup at the register and tapping soda. it's no different. cgc wants no part of this.

keep in mind what the original question was... "can someone tell me the GPA prices of"...

there in lies the problem...

come up with your own prices through your own research and no harm is done.

i have been looking to get this book for a little while now but was hoping someone could share the prices its been selling at for the cgc grade 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5...

i would subscribe to gpa but i just dont buy enough cgc books for it to be worth my while so was hoping someone could help. thanks.

If you buy only one book over fifty dollars a year, it is worth it to you to get GPA... at only 10 dollars a month, it is a LOT of bang for your buck.

ComicFan,

What MacMan was trying to say by telling you to search this topic was that this topic has been discussed dozens of times before, and in fact, that George has publicly stated that he is okay with the occasional public request for GPA data on the boards. I think he knows that it really does make him look like a champ and increases his brand to have people publicly interested. He's not really losing anything for the occasional cheapskate who otherwise wouldn't have joined for one purchase.

The responses you've seen here before yours from some old time, well respected posters are those that know that that is the policy and still find it offensive. I respect their position, but the fact remains that there is no strikable offense in this thread. Only an offense of offending certain posters, and certainly, arguably, one of good taste.

ComicFan,

What MacMan was trying to say by telling you to search this topic was that this topic has been discussed dozens of times before, and in fact, that George has publicly stated that he is okay with the occasional public request for GPA data on the boards. I think he knows that it really does make him look like a champ and increases his brand to have people publicly interested. He's not really losing anything for the occasional cheapskate who otherwise wouldn't have joined for one purchase.

The responses you've seen here before yours from some old time, well respected posters are those that know that that is the policy and still find it offensive. I respect their position, but the fact remains that there is no strikable offense in this thread. Only an offense of offending certain posters, and certainly, arguably, one of good taste.

:foryou:

If you buy only one book over fifty dollars a year, it is worth it to you to get GPA... at only 10 dollars a month, it is a LOT of bang for your buck.

Agreed.

I used to think I would never get much out of GPA.

Now I rely on it daily and even downloaded the App for the i-Phone so I have the information with me 24/7.

I agree it is not probably worth your time for one purchase, but do you truly plan to stop after X-Men 58?