• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Ebay grading opinion...Fantastic Four #88

31 posts in this topic

Trim off about 1/8" on the top and you have a nice 9.4. 893whatthe.gif

Looks pretty nice. I'd say 8.0 pretty easily.

As long as the dirt on the back is just surface dirt, and not digging into the page.

I'd be very happy to receive that as an 8.0, you might even be able to pull of 8.5. I think 7.5 is too low as there isn't enough noticable structure marks. If there was a tip crease on one of the corners then, yeh, it's probably a 7.5 but there doesn't appear to be.

Brian

Thanks for the feedback everybody...With the book in hand I really think this book grades at a VF+ ... thumbsup2.gif...I think I will attempt the Wonderbread treatment first though...if it cleans up the back cover as I suspect it will I will post a scan of the results...

Sorry to veer off topic a bit, but I'm going to try Wonderbread for the first time myself. I'm guessing it takes off the light ink smudging as is near the spine on the back of the FF 88 ... but its legend also doesn't include lightening or erasing foxing, does it?

Just curious so I know what to do when I hide away from everyone so I can rub my comics with nutritionless bread tongue.gif

The only thing I would avoid, is leaving the dinner table with a piece of bread, and then sitting in the bathroom, seated on the pot, furiously rubbing your comic within earshot of everyone back at the table. You might have some explaining to do. 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for the feedback everybody...With the book in hand I really think this book grades at a VF+ ... thumbsup2.gif...I think I will attempt the Wonderbread treatment first though...if it cleans up the back cover as I suspect it will I will post a scan of the results...

Please let us know the results. I'm considering experimenting it in the bathroom soon!