• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry's Comics

74 posts in this topic

That other thread is disturbing...mainly for the amount of people willing to stand up for "Larry."

That's why douchebags like him stay in business.

The confusing thing for me is some of the people sticking up for him are people that I like and respect. Bottom line? I have no freakin' idea what to think about Larry. (shrug)

That other thread is disturbing...mainly for the amount of people willing to stand up for "Larry." That's why douchebags like him stay in business.

The confusing thing for me is some of the people sticking up for him are people that I like and respect. Bottom line? I have no freakin' idea what to think about Larry. (shrug)

I tried to warn the board months ago about him but was accused of being a shill.

If your a dealer, you may like him if he cuts you a deal, if your just a regular customer buying your weekly comics, move on. That`s the kindest words I can come up with. ;)

You should read the feedback he did receive and did leave through the years on eBay. It says all about his customer service :

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=lcinc01&Dirn=Received+by

I found a minute to read his feedback. This guy is a smoking anus.

larryskrull.jpg

Uh, not Larry? (shrug)

That other thread is disturbing...mainly for the amount of people willing to stand up for "Larry."

Agreed. People on this board that I respect willing to stand up for him. Very disturbing for me.

If it comes down to money and comics.......some people will sell their souls for either...............big shocker........right?

:ohm

Agreed. People on this board that I respect willing to stand up for him. Very disturbing for me.

If it comes down to money and comics.......some people will sell their souls for either...............big shocker........right?

I'm don't think that that is the only reason. Some of the guys that stood up for him stated that we didn't get his sense of humour and that he was a great guy in person. He has genuine friends on this board and he obviously has redeeming qualities but I would never ever buy from a seller with his Ebay feedback.

I'm don't think that that is the only reason. Some of the guys that stood up for him stated that we didn't get his sense of humour and that he was a great guy in person. He has genuine friends on this board and he obviously has redeeming qualities but I would never ever buy from a seller with his Ebay feedback.

Amen!

(thumbs u

His ebay feedback says it all for me. Granted you meet some nut cases on there, but not this many?

He has genuine friends on this board and he obviously has redeeming qualities but I would never ever buy from a seller with his Ebay feedback.

I've never met the guy, but that feedback alone would be enough for me to not buy. As for how personable he is or his sense of humor, I have no idea and he might be the nicest guy in the world.

Is that a Spazz Attack avatar? Nevermind - it's one of the Young ones, right?

I don't want to assume I'm a person you like and respect, but I did stick up for Larry and still do.

If the scenario described by the OP happened to me, would I be upset? Yes.

Would be put off by heavy negative ebay feedback? Yep.

However, my experiences with Larry have been the polar opposite. I'm not a dealer, nor a customer who buys weekly from his store, although I have been there. I know Larry from seeing him set up at local shows and from the Westford MA show he runs. He has been nothing but polite, friendly and good natured with me, going back years. I'm honestly baffled by the bad reports and can't reconcile them with my experience.

Is that a Spazz Attack avatar? Nevermind - it's one of the Young ones, right?

I don't want to assume I'm a person you like and respect, but I did stick up for Larry and still do.

If the scenario described by the OP happened to me, would I be upset? Yes.

Would be put off by heavy negative ebay feedback? Yep.

However, my experiences with Larry have been the polar opposite. I'm not a dealer, nor a customer who buys weekly from his store, although I have been there. I know Larry from seeing him set up at local shows and from the Westford MA show he runs. He has been nothing but polite, friendly and good natured with me, going back years. I'm honestly baffled by the bad reports and can't reconcile them with my experience.

That's understandable, but have you ever asked him about this? (If this isn't your first time hearing about it) For me it seems pretty out of line for someone who's business is dealing with the general public. I can understand a bad apple here or there, and losing temper once in awhile, but the eBay feedback show's years of issues. This seems really bad form to me.