• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

house of m,secret invasion or civil war?

34 posts in this topic

Of the three, I only read House of M, and only the main mini series at that. It was incredibly......ok. I've been meaning to get Civil War out and read it but haven't managed to find the time. Secret Invasion just sounded irritating, so I avoided it completely.

All 3 are terrible. Throw in World War Hulk, too. The reason they are all terrible? The endings. Besides HOM, which was really 3 issues stretched out into 7, the endings of all these "events" were horrible. Terrible. The lead up for some were good (WWH), but none of them had any payoff. There were just springboards for new series, the next events, etc.

I liked house of M. I never read any of the secret invasion stuff. Civil war was great for the first 3 or 4 issues, but the then turned to drivel. World War hulk also started off strong, as the Planet Hulk saga was one fo the best sritten things in recent marvel history, but after issue 2 or 3 WWH got crappy too.

I also liked House Of M, it actually got me back into collecting... Civil War started out well, then trailed off, then they killed CAP the next week in his own series. That should have happened in the series.

Secret Invasion had some strong moments I enjoyed it as well. WW Hulk was .

First 3 issues of civil war got me hoked into comics again. Awesome stuff. Cap was super cool in the first issue. Then it went a little down hill. Didn't care for HoM, secret invasion or WWH

Bottom line, if you want to read good Modern books avoid the big two (Marvel & DC) they're just cash cows these days.. all flash no substance.

These days the quality titles are coming out of Image, Vertigo, Dynamite & IDW.

Not all of the big two super hero books are just cash cows. If you want good/great mainstream books then read Johns' current Green Lantern run (great), the Action run where he kills off Jonathan Kent (supposed to be great from what I have heard), and the JSA bits and pieces (or run?) that he did (ditto the Action comment). Basically, if it is Johns then you know it will be a good, if not great, storyline.

DC's Final Crisis was abysmal thanks to Morrison. I hope that you did not pay cover price for it. :wishluck: