• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a weekend...

96 posts in this topic

CONGRATS Dice! My brother did this (the on-line matchmaking thing) after waiting a couple of years after a really nasty divorce from a real psycho he had been married to and he went on like 13 dates...13 one-night stands without second dates and then finally clicked with this one gal and they dated 4 years (waiting for their respective youngests...each have 2 children...to graduate high school) and just got married this past Saturday...they are a perfect match and I think this is gonna be a good one... :headbang:

There was a woman that matched me at 96% and only lived 60 miles from me. The next closest one was 80%.

I'm a Marvel zombie, and my girlfriend collects Hulk and Wolverine. I challenge the online sites to find me THAT high of a match! :P Although I suppose I'd have to first put in there that I collect comics--which I'd never do. Too much social stigma attached to this hobby for somebody I've never met to handle. :sorry:

GRATS ON THE PROPOSAL! What site did you use to find her, eHarmony?

May your marriage be filled with happiness and joy! (thumbs u

Almost 2 years ago I joined an internet dating site that matches you with people based on questions and how you answer them. The more you answer, the more accurate it's supposed to be. There was a woman that matched me at 96% and only lived 60 miles from me. The next closest one was 80%.

It took me a month of talking to her through email before she even agreed to go out to have coffee with me. She was very cautious with so many online pervs. (Probably just set myself up...) Our first date was almost surreal. We hit it off like old friends. We've been dating ever since.

Yesterday, by means of a total set-up surprise by me, I asked her to marry me. To my complete shock, she said "yes!"

I'm on cloud nine today. I'm going to be married to my best friend in the world!

No plans yet, but it will not be soon. We're in no rush. I'll bask in the glory for now.

I can't believe she said "YES!" :cloud9:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

woohoo.gif

I've never tried one of the dating sites, but I hear the male-to-female ratio is anywhere from 2 to 1 to 4 to 1, and that for every 10-20 responses a girl gets, a guy gets 3 or 4. They seem like a highly efficient way to find the type of person you're looking for, EXCEPT for the male-to-female imbalance, in which case they seem harder than in-person flirtation. A girl you're interacting with in a social situation seems far more likely to give you a shot than one who's looking at your online response in the midst of filtering through the other 2-3 dozen she got that day. :makepoint:

I've never tried one of the dating sites, but I hear the male-to-female ratio is anywhere from 2 to 1 to 4 to 1, and that for every 10-20 responses a girl gets, a guy gets 3 or 4. They seem like a highly efficient way to find the type of person you're looking for, EXCEPT for the male-to-female imbalance, in which case they seem harder than in-person flirtation. A girl you're interacting with in a social situation seems far more likely to give you a shot than one who's looking at your online response in the midst of filtering through the other 2-3 dozen she got that day. :makepoint:

Two words:

Mail.

Order.