• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cletus Kasady and Carnage.

32 posts in this topic

There seems to be some buzz in the air about Carnage in the upcoming Spidey movie or in Spidery III . As anyone heard about this.

A couple of things, Which modern back issue would be more important. Amazing spider-man 344 or 360, 361 in regards to this . Second do you consider Carnage a key character bad guy and why.

There seems to be some buzz in the air about Carnage in the upcoming Spidey movie or in Spidery III . As anyone heard about this.

A couple of things, Which modern back issue would be more important. Amazing spider-man 344 or 360, 361 in regards to this . Second do you consider Carnage a key character bad guy and why.

344=262

360=299

361=300

In relation to Venom's appearances.

Not as much a key figure as Venom.

I think it would be highly unlikely that Carnage would be in a Spider-man movie before Venom.He is a spawn of Venom after all and without Venom no Carnage and they seem to be following the origins of the villians pretty close in the movies so I think Venom would be a more likely candidate for a future Spidey movie (say Spider IV) as it sure looks as though Harry will become Green Goblin II in Spider-man 3.

I think it would be highly unlikely that Carnage would be in a Spider-man movie before Venom.He is a spawn of Venom after all and without Venom no Carnage and they seem to be following the origins of the villians pretty close in the movies so I think Venom would be a more likely candidate for a future Spidey movie (say Spider IV) as it sure looks as though Harry will become Green Goblin II in Spider-man 3.

Please. Don't make another movie with a guy on a glider tossing pumpkin bombs.

That card has been played.

We wana see VENOM!!!! sumo.gif

asm136favouritecovers.jpg

cloud9.gif

Ewww…start mentioning Carnage and people here will think you are nutty as Kasady.

Anyway, it would be 361.

Soon after Jurassic Park hit the screen, a -script was written for a Spiderman movie that was based on the Maximum Carnage story. They even had some pre-production CGI shots done (of Venom). Somewhere it got scraped and we got the first Spiderman instead.

Marvel will be nuts not to include Venom in 3, but I wouldn’t hold your breath for Carnage. There is just too much backstory.

Second do you consider Carnage a key character bad guy and why.

No, I really don't. I don't really think that he has played any major role in the development of Peter Parker as a person or as Spider-Man. He pales in comparison in character development himself when considering such bad guys like the Green Goblin and Venom. In my eyes, he is just another psychotic killer with another sob story about a bad childhood.

I think Venom would be terrible on a Spider-man movie. The cost of getting all those effects done, and having a "live" costume would be enormous. I just don't think it can be transfered over to film at this point. Would much rather see a classic villain such as Scorpion or a Kraven/Chameleon duo. Lizard would be pretty good too, but I doubt they can do that and still have it a PG-13 film.

Brian

there goes Spidey 3 then

in #2 harry finds a stash of dad's old Goblin gear 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The rumors are (Aka the buzz) is that Cletus Kasady is introduced (Cameo) in Spidey 2. So your point then is that they are building the story to introduce Venom versus Carnage. I would think Carnage would be more adaptable for the big screen( easier to do.) I know they want to introduce a modern character for the younger generation and get away from the Silver age villians. So I hear? Looks like this thread is being hijacked by the Venomites.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think Venom would be terrible on a Spider-man movie. The cost of getting all those effects done, and having a "live" costume would be enormous. I just don't think it can be transfered over to film at this point.

Haven't you see Terminator's 2 & 3?

Would much rather see a classic villain such as Scorpion or a Kraven/Chameleon duo. Lizard would be pretty good too, but I doubt they can do that and still have it a PG-13 film.

I would love to see to see Kraven's Last Hunt on the big screen that would be a nice dark movie...but I don't think that will happen while Tobey is in the role. It might be tough to have it be as effective as it was in the comics because it would be hard to establish the long history between the two characters that leads to Kraven's insane plot. And it probably would probably have to get bumped up to an R. I remember when the 1st Spider-Man movie came out my friend told me he thought Macho Man's small appearance was going to be as Kraven the Hunter. 893whatthe.gif

Looks like this thread is being hijacked by the Venomites.

Probably because Venom is a much more likely candidate.

Why? In terms of the "movie" mythology, it seems more likely (to me, anyway) that Carnage would be the villain of choice. The background on the two is virtually irrelevant, as however sadly, we will never see a "Secret Wars" movie... so the choice in character is going to be based on other factors. Take his appearance and demeanor-- Carnage's costume is much more dynamic (color-wise) than Venom's; his character is a certifiable lunatic, which is much more action-movie-friendly than the complexities of Eddie Brock; and the fact that Carnage (as a character) has very, very little background/history to skirt for all the geeked-out Venomites can only help his case.

But really, I think it all comes down to the costume and what people- read: the casual moviegoer- would prefer to see onscreen.