• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecc 33 in Comiclink Exchange

46 posts in this topic

That's a lot of tape on that book.

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto. tape is a killer for me on unrestored books. I see it as Amateur restoration since if it were rice paper it would have a purple label. But with tape it gets a blue label and notes. And I'd rather it be rice paper.

I have never understood this position by CGC. Just my viewpoint, not even trying to make an argument.

Still a nice book.

Ed

Tape licks

Yeah there is a lot of tape. It really bothers me when I see books like this get taped up just so they can fit in a blue label. Couple drops of glue is a no no but go ahead and throw as much duct tape as you want and its okay. :screwy:

I see that the Crippen Tec #31 is coming up in Heritage's October auction.

:o

5.5 is probably a little out of my range, unfortunately. I would LOVE to own that book...thoughts on what that book hammers at??

hm

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto. tape is a killer for me on unrestored books. I see it as Amateur restoration since if it were rice paper it would have a purple label. But with tape it gets a blue label and notes. And I'd rather it be rice paper.

I have never understood this position by CGC. Just my viewpoint, not even trying to make an argument.

Still a nice book.

Ed

I've never understood CGC's position on this either. It doesn't make sense. You can put gobs of tape all over the book and get a blue label, but just a little bit of glue and you get the dreaded PLOD.

Also it seems the regrading on this book was a little bit of a double edged sword. While the seller got the coveted unrestored CGC blue label which I know everyone would certainly prefer over a PGX blue label, unfortunately the grade on the CGC book went down a whole point from the grade on the PGX label. Now what would everyone prefer, a CGC blue label 3.0 or a PGX blue label 4.0? hm