• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOE SIMON and STAN LEE- THE BEST SIGNING EVER~! Details Inside

140 posts in this topic

293744241_o.jpg

-Please- If you would like me to email you forms PM me your email address and I will send you the PDF.

-We WILL be accepting books in Baltimore and the NY National In Person.

-You CAN get your books signed by BOTH Joe Simon and Stan Lee.

-CollectingStanLee and NYComics are very proud to offer an AMAZING opportunity to get your books signed by the Creators of Spidey and Cap!

This is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys collecting signature series books. We set the date far enough in advance so you can have time to put your books together and make your strategies for these signings.

Sean and I are really happy to be able to share this opportunity to get Joe Simon and Stan Lee signatures on the same book. If you just want one or the other where appropriate, that's cool too.

If you want to participate, do us a favor and give us a heads up on approximately how many books you want signed in advance. That's obviously not a commitment, but will be helpful for us to be able to handle and manage the books and avoid a last minute rush. Send those PMs to Sean (NYComics). Rest assured that Sean and I will take great care in handling your books, no matter how many books are sent in for this signing. If you have special needs, let us know and we will try to accommodate as best we can.

If anyone needs suggestions on what books would be cool with this signing, please pm me, I'm happy to make suggestions. I'm an avid collector and will be doing quite a few of my own books.

We think this is a good market opportunity to get your Stan Lee/Joe Simon books signed in advance of the Captain America movie. My feeling is that if Captain America is anywhere as successful as Iron Man, anything associated with either will go up in value dramatically. Get in early while we still have access to the creators and before prices go up again, as they have in the past.

Ok, I'm selling it hard, but this is a great opportunity, so put your books together, budget your money and don't miss it!

Bill.

If anyone needs suggestions on what books would be cool with this signing, please pm me, I'm happy to make suggestions. I'm an avid collector and will be doing quite a few of my own books.

I actually just posted a thread in the Comics General forum asking exactly that question, specifically for Joe Simon. I'd really appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks for the opportunity.

I actually just posted a thread in the Comics General forum asking exactly that question, specifically for Joe Simon. I'd really appreciate any advice you have.

there was a regular modern cap variant (don't remember number) that had an old simon hitler cover on it. Would be great to have stan and joe sign.

edit: I might be thinking of the suydam variant, but I thought there was a Joe Simon.

there was a regular modern cap variant (don't remember number) that had an old simon hitler cover on it. Would be great to have stan and joe sign.

edit: I might be thinking of the suydam variant, but I thought there was a Joe Simon.

marvelzombiesvsarmyofdarkness1cgcss.jpg

Gotten a few PMs about what books to get signed, so here are a few suggestions for those that need help, by no means authoritative:

Golden Age caps, especially the ones both Stan Lee and Joe Simon worked on #'s 3-10, I believe. Simon of course was on the first 2, having co-created the character with Jack Kirby. Going after these can be pricey and it's hard to find these books, so it's not for everyone.

Silverage:

I'm a big fan of Strange Tales 114, Kirby's first rendering of Captain America in the silver age. I happen to have a copy (not in hand yet) that is signed by Kirby (first page), Lee, and Simon on cover.

Avengers #4 is the first official appearance of Cap in the silver age as the character in Strange Tales 114 was an imposter

Tales of Suspense:

58 and 59 put Iron Man and Cap side by side, which is perfect for sigs from Lee and Simon.

TOS 63 silver age origin of cap (written by Stan Lee)

TOS 80 Iconic cover with Red Skull

Captain America 100 (1st issue of the cap solo series)

Captain America 109 origin issue

Captain America 110-113 Steranko covers, very cool

These are just highlights, any Captain America book would look great with Simon and Lee on the cover

If you can pick up anything that is also signed by Jack Kirby on splash page, that is cool too. I just found a #193 that is signed by Kirby that I will have signed by Lee and Simon as well.

Ok, for now skipping over the rest of bronze and copper age

Modern:

The current series of Captain America has some amazing artwork

#14 nifty cover with golden age reference

#25 plus variant

#34 (lot's of variants including a really cool Dynamic Forces Alex Ross)

#50 golden age bucky

#600, 601 plus variants.

Avengers Invaders has some cool variants too, especially the black and white ones from Dynamic forces.

This list was really just the basics. I'm sure other board members could fill up the thread with suggestions. So the point is there are a ton of great books out there that are perfect for this opportunity, no matter what age of comic books you are interested in.

Bill.