• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOE SIMON and STAN LEE- THE BEST SIGNING EVER~! Details Inside

140 posts in this topic

The more the merrier! Personally I think Captain America is going to be big. The entire future of Marvel rests on the films they produce, and if Iron Man is any indication, they are doing it right. (Please note, they did not produce Wolverine) Thor and Avengers are going to rock the house too. I really think it will be good times for those who have invested in comic books, and these sig series books are even more unique.

Joe Simon is 96 and Stan Lee is 86. These men have traveled through time to make a unique and lasting contribution to American culture and this is the perfect way to be a part of it.

Bill.

That milestones cap sounds like a winner. I wouldn't get too hung up on grade, just my opinion. If I have a choice between accepting a lower grade or not getting a copy of the book, I take the lower grade. That is personal choice of course and the modern market leans heavy towards 9.8 if it is solely for investment purposes. This is what's fun about the hobby, you get to set your own priorities.

Bill.

I got 2 of my Golden age Cap books signed by both! A # 3 and a 16 (which is up for sale at the moment , on that E site). The 3 is Stans first work for Marvel/Timely. And no need to mention anything about Joe dealing with Cap.

I'm thinking of sending in my ASM 323.. I always liked the Assassin Nation Plot storyline back in the day.. plus Cap and Spidey on the same cover. Sounds like a win-win to me.

This book is perfect for Stan, Simon and McFarlane!

I'm thinking of sending in my ASM 323.. I always liked the Assassin Nation Plot storyline back in the day.. plus Cap and Spidey on the same cover. Sounds like a win-win to me.

This book is perfect for Stan, Simon and McFarlane!

Is McFarlane doing any signings I could bribe you guys to stop by? hm

George,

good point. I need to adjust combined rates. I miscalculated and counted the value of grading twice.

It will be Cheaper to do the combinations!

thanks for pointing that out, I will adjust that price section on the flyer.

Best,

Sean

THESE ARE THE COMBINED PRICES FOR JOE SIMON AND STAN LEE

Modern- $ 120

Economy- $ 130

Standard- $ 160

Express- $ 200

THIS IS THE RAW PRICE FOR SIMON

$30

THIS IS THE RAW PRICE FOR STAN LEE

$70

FOR BOTH- $100

I hope this clears everything up. Sorry for any misinformation, thanks to George for the heads up on the combined prices, I hope everyone realizes how it was easy to make that mistake I will update my Flyer.

Best,

Sean McLoughlin

We heard when we booked this session that Joe was working on signing movie memorabilia for the Captain America movie. I couldn't get details on that, but I think it's probably Marvel that would want him to do that (this is speculation of course). Anyway, it really shows how important Joe Simon is to Captain America and this is a great chance to capture a piece of that history.

Undoubtedly Joe Simon will receive a lot of press when the movie opens, and this will drive demand for books with his sig.

Also, not to be lost in the focus on Captain America, is the opportunity to have a signing by Stan Lee and that can encompass many different kind of books. I picked up a ASM 147 CGC 9.6 just for this signing and it cost me a small fortune.

Of course, it makes a lot of sense in this signing opportunity to get books that you can have signed by both, namely the aforementioned Captain America. Most of my personal books will be Cap oriented. There is something really cool about dual sigs from these two heavy weights on cap books.

Also, you know how Marvel always put "still only 25 cents" on the cover right before a price increase? Well, Stan's people did something akin to that for this signing that indicates the price may be going up after this session. This too is only speculation, but in the past year, we have already seen almost 100% increase in the price of a Stan Lee sig. So here's your chance to get it at a reasonable price.

Sean (NY Comics) and I are committed to making this the most successful dual signing ever and will take great care to insure things go smoothly. As a veteran of 5 Stan Lee private signings, I know all the little tips and tricks to optimize the opportunity.

Also, Sean is a great resource for sketch covers, so PM if you have requests. Sketch covers with a Captain America and Iron Man theme would work perfectly for this signing.

We look forward to helping everyone achieve their collecting goals with these two creators. Do us a favor and sign on early, so we can plan better, but be sure we will work you in no matter what if you can get the books to us on time. Have fun with this and be creative with your selections, it will make you proud when you choose a great combination of book/creator sigs. Thanks in advance to everyone who will participate in this event, Sean and I really appreciate it.

Bill.

We heard when we booked this session that Joe was working on signing movie memorabilia for the Captain America movie. I couldn't get details on that, but I think it's probably Marvel that would want him to do that (this is speculation of course). Anyway, it really shows how important Joe Simon is to Captain America and this is a great chance to capture a piece of that history.

Undoubtedly Joe Simon will receive a lot of press when the movie opens, and this will drive demand for books with his sig.

Also, not to be lost in the focus on Captain America, is the opportunity to have a signing by Stan Lee and that can encompass many different kind of books. I picked up a ASM 147 CGC 9.6 just for this signing and it cost me a small fortune.

Of course, it makes a lot of sense in this signing opportunity to get books that you can have signed by both, namely the aforementioned Captain America. Most of my personal books will be Cap oriented. There is something really cool about dual sigs from these two heavy weights on cap books.

Also, you know how Marvel always put "still only 25 cents" on the cover right before a price increase? Well, Stan's people did something akin to that for this signing that indicates the price may be going up after this session. This too is only speculation, but in the past year, we have already seen almost 100% increase in the price of a Stan Lee sig. So here's your chance to get it at a reasonable price.

Sean (NY Comics) and I are committed to making this the most successful dual signing ever and will take great care to insure things go smoothly. As a veteran of 5 Stan Lee private signings, I know all the little tips and tricks to optimize the opportunity.

Also, Sean is a great resource for sketch covers, so PM if you have requests. Sketch covers with a Captain America and Iron Man theme would work perfectly for this signing.

We look forward to helping everyone achieve their collecting goals with these two creators. Do us a favor and sign on early, so we can plan better, but be sure we will work you in no matter what if you can get the books to us on time. Have fun with this and be creative with your selections, it will make you proud when you choose a great combination of book/creator sigs. Thanks in advance to everyone who will participate in this event, Sean and I really appreciate it.

Bill.

We appreciate you guys :applause:

So, if you do another double signing in the future after this one, it won't be nearly as successful as this signing? It's too soon to peak, guys. :)

Joel