• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Antonio, TX Comic Shops

76 posts in this topic

Hullo, Gang.

I will be in San Antonio on Tuesday, the 18th and have a couple of free hours after my buisness wraps up.

Any good stores in the area that you can reccommend?

I've been staying in San Antonio and working south of here for several months now. There are several shops. Collectors Authority off of SW Military east of Roosevelt is probably one of the better ones. He has a lot of back issues in there.

Pep we should meet up while I'm working down here!

I'm driving home tonight for the Dallas Comic Con this weekend though.

Hey-- when I was growing up there was a comic store on SW Military Drive that was in an old Kodak photo shop. First place I ever had a bag service. Was run by a married couple that were really nice to me as a kid (probably because I didn't know Wizard wasn't entirely accurate lol) I don't recall the cross intersection ... too young and didn't drive. But it was for sure South Side ...

I think I remember it being gone but am not sure. Does anyone know if it's still there or if it moved? I don't know the name of the store because, as far as I recall, they didn't have a sign.

-Rob-

thanks for the info, guys.

Buffyfan, if you and Pep want to get together Tues afternoon/night, PM me! I'd love to meet some boardies.

Let me know, too--I might be able to join. :hi:

I might be able to go too, if you don't mind one more. :grin: (thumbs u

p.s. the selection here for comic book shops is not the greatest. But I still have a

ton of back issues. lol

Anybody local feel like picking a restaurant and a time to meet? Is that a good idea? Let's get some opinions out there.
Will you be anywhere near the [font:Lucida Console]River Center Mall [/font]? There is a great Mexican restaurant on the riverwalk. :cloud9: (the name escapes me right now) doh!

Tuesday, Central Time, 4pmish to 7pmish.

I have a job to do that morning. Should be done by 2pmish, so that gives me a little wiggle room. Have to drive to Eagle's Pass Tues night and get hotel room, so would like to be in room before 10pm.

Wow, kinda out in the weeds. It only takes about and 1.5 - 2 hrs to get to Eagle Pass from S.A. I get off about 5:00 ish and I'm at 35 and Judson. But I'd like to meet up w/ you guys so I'm open. Just let me know where. :grin: (thumbs u

thanks for the info, guys.

Buffyfan, if you and Pep want to get together Tues afternoon/night, PM me! I'd love to meet some boardies.

Hey guys, just let me know. I didnt realize that Buffy was down here in SA working. I get off work at 4:30.

Well I think maybe a good Mexican restaurant since you're going to be here in South Central Tx. Unless anyone has other ideas? Or there's always Hooters on the Riverwalk. :grin: