• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Antonio, TX Comic Shops

76 posts in this topic

Gone to bed. Will be on a plane Monday and busy all day Tues. If we can get this worked out over the weekend, I'm down, and I can PM someone my cell, if they need it.

Nate

Gone to bed. Will be on a plane Monday and busy all day Tues. If we can get this worked out over the weekend, I'm down, and I can PM someone my cell, if they need it.

Nate

It probably ought to be in the downtown area so as to not have you go too far out of your way (since you'll already be in the general direction of Eagle Pass.

If you want some good real Mexican food, I could suggest Taco Haven at 1032 S. Presa. They do some of the best homemade tortillas in town. I'm just putting that out there, though. It would be a shame to eat at a chain restaurant (even Hooters) and miss out on the real local fare. Riverwalk restaurants are okay, but tend to be touristy and overpriced.

Nate

It probably ought to be in the downtown area so as to not have you go too far out of your way (since you'll already be in the general direction of Eagle Pass.

If you want some good real Mexican food, I could suggest Taco Haven at 1032 S. Presa. They do some of the best homemade tortillas in town. I'm just putting that out there, though. It would be a shame to eat at a chain restaurant (even Hooters) and miss out on the real local fare. Riverwalk restaurants are okay, but tend to be touristy and overpriced.

Sold! WP is in charge and picked the restaurant!

I'm PMing you Paper, and suggest everyone else who is interested do the same. I'd love to see everyone who was mentioned it in this thread.

Okay, pending any change then, that's Taco Haven at 1032 S. Presa (for those who know SA, that's in Southtown, very close to the King William area. I will try to meet Nate there at 5, and everyone who can should just drift in as they're able. I imagine, since he wants to get to his hotel in Eagle Pass by 10, that it shouldn't run past 8 at the latest.

Feel free to PM me, or ask any questions on here. Or, if you're a native and for some reason hate this place, let me know so we can change venue.

Roger

Nate

Sold! WP is in charge and picked the restaurant!

I'm PMing you Paper, and suggest everyone else who is interested do the same. I'd love to see everyone who was mentioned it in this thread.

Wish I coud make it, but I have plans all week. Have a great time anyway's!

I'm surprised you guys didn't pick Mi Tierra (in the market) or Rosarios?

South Presa might scare the out of towners :)

Mi Tierra is open 24 hours

Actually, the out of towners wouldnt know about S Presa. When I saw S Presa I was :eek: but the King William area isnt too bad. Rosarios is pretty good, been there a couple of times, not a big fan of Mi Tierra, too many tourists there. I've never been to Taco Haven so I'm willing to try anything. Whatever everyone agree's with is fine by me.

I just suggested TH to get out of the overpriced touristy area. Plus, as a native, I think TH kicks @ss over MiTierra. That said... if you guys want to go someplace else, I won't be offended.

To ease your concerns, though, Taco Haven is not far enough down South Presa to be scary. It's still in Southtown (the artsy district).

I just suggested TH to get out of the overpriced touristy area. Plus, as a native, I think TH kicks @ss over MiTierra. That said... if you guys want to go someplace else, I won't be offended.

To ease your concerns, though, Taco Haven is not far enough down South Presa to be scary. It's still in Southtown (the artsy district).

TH is fine with me.

TH is fine with me.

TH sounds good to me. I agree about the River Walk being overpriced, and that part of S. Presa is not bad at all. Plus Blue Star Brewery is right around the corner. :cloud9::grin: (thumbs u

Fine with me too! I'm staying south of 10 on Roosevelt. Taco Haven definitely isn't an area like where I'm at! It's straight up H double O D where I'm at! Ha

:eek: Why are you staying on that side?