• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the mods aren't going to ban ComicSupply...

207 posts in this topic

I thought there was a rule that you weren't allowed to advertise your business in your signature line.

Otherwise there would be no reason advertisers to pay CGC for posting their banners on each page of a thread.

I didn't know that George, but it makes sense. The signature enticing new people has been my concern as well, whiich is why I spoke up in several threads.

I am pretty sure Mr. Evans had his removed..

The rule is that you can't have banners linking to a business in your signature - URL's themselves are fine, though (look at how many board members link to their ebay store in the signature, for example).

I thought that CGC encouraged links to Ebay (not that I have anything listed anyway)...because they got credit for each hit?

Too bad, it would have been a simple solution.

Ok whats you beef with him?

Have you been ripped off or had a deal go bad?

I may have missed it and if I did I truly apologize but your starting to sound like a shill for comicfanatic.

I apologize if I missed a post that listed how you got ripped off.

Whether he personally has had a bad deal with Comical Supply or not is irrelevant. That many other people have is what's important.

He's simply being community-minded. (thumbs u

I may have missed it and if I did I truly apologize but your starting to sound like a shill for comicfanatic.

He's not a shill for Comicfanatic. Comicfanatic is a racist and Domo Arigato is a Japanese phrase so Andrew would not use that...well not until now that I spelled it out for him.

He has a point. I can understand Russ' need to raise money to pay people back but his record on this forum has not been great so DA is trying to prevent people from being scammed on here again.

IMO he has a legit concern.

I approve of Japanese screen names. (thumbs u

I thought there was a rule that you weren't allowed to advertise your business in your signature line.

Otherwise there would be no reason advertisers to pay CGC for posting their banners on each page of a thread.

damn, a voice of reason

I didn't know that George, but it makes sense. The signature enticing new people has been my concern as well, whiich is why I spoke up in several threads.

I discuss this with Dena a few months ago. This is the official stance unless it has changed since the NOE fiasco when Dena went "underground:"

A text only link is fine. It is just the graphics in sig lines that are problematic because they compete with the banner ads.

makes sense

I ordered from him once several years ago. I did eventually get my product, but decided then that I would not be placing another order. After joining this forum, I saw that I was far from alone in my experience.

What has really set me off is that Russ mentioned he's been hitting the notify moderator button on posts that criticize him in the forum. If he's going to do that, then there is no way to warn new members about him unless they happen to stumble across the probation list. Meanwhile, the link in his signature line is going to be driving new business from unsuspecting members to his website as he continues to post in here.

I simply don't think it's appropriate. Do you?

I see what your doing. Thumbs up to you!

It's just the tone (at least to me) seemed to be the same as other posts by others when they went after members. Like I said it was nothing personal

It is so. I had to remove the banner for my new and spiffy comic auction website . :whistle:

If CGC truly cares about the hobby like they say they do, they'll stop allowing their forum to be a springboard for this kind of shady activity.

lol lol

If they truly cared about this hobby they'd do a LOT of things differently. But this would be a start (thumbs u

Come on now, Joel. That's a different conversation altogether. (tsk)

Hi there, I'm looking for Senator McCarthy's office. I've got some Communists and Comic Supply shills living under my bed.

I wonder who owns the original art for that Red Dupe editorial?

It's one of the most famous pieces of anti-censorship ever published in comics.

I love how it lies so beautifully