• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Show in NY October 2009

202 posts in this topic

I wish you were going, too. I think it would so cool to go to New York with you for a convention. I'll take some pictures for you. (thumbs u

Next year. We should all go up a day early and I will show you the real NY.

Anyone looking for something fun on Friday or Saturday night? There's the sponsored Friday night party.. but I'm not so sure about it.

I'm up for dinner and whatever. I'd suggest Barcade (bar + classic 25c arcade) or Coyote Ugly for drinks. A few burlesque shows going on, too. Plenty to do if you want to get away from the tourists and have an underground NYC experience.

Anyone looking for something fun on Friday or Saturday night? There's the sponsored Friday night party.. but I'm not so sure about it.

I'm up for dinner and whatever. I'd suggest Barcade (bar + classic 25c arcade) or Coyote Ugly for drinks. A few burlesque shows going on, too. Plenty to do if you want to get away from the tourists and have an underground NYC experience.

Barcade in Williamsburg??

It's just been confirmed that Joe Simon, co-creator of Captain Americs, etc, etc, etc, wil be there Friday, signing autographs from 2 - 4 PM. He is in good health and happy to be here!

And Bill Shatner will be there all three days.

Nice :applause:

Yeah.. been there? One of my favorite bars ever.. 30 micro brew beers on tap.. 30 classic 80s arcade machines still running on quarters.. First time I walked in, they were playing some classic Iron Maiden. :headbang: Just a short subway ride under the river.

Yeah.. been there? One of my favorite bars ever.. 30 micro brew beers on tap.. 30 classic 80s arcade machines still running on quarters.. First time I walked in, they were playing some classic Iron Maiden. :headbang: Just a short subway ride under the river.

Yes, been there quite a few times. I have a friend that lives over there. Real cool Arcade games. I'm not one for micro-brews, but they did have Grey Goose and 7 :cloud9:

Don't you think that might be a bit of a trip for the people who are staying in the city?? Coyote Ugly?? Been there once, to me, nothing special.

A couple of cool places could be: down the hatch, and off the wagon (beer pong!!) in the village.

Of course, just a hop, skip and a jump away is Scores West Side (unless they renamed it).

I'd suggest Barcade (bar + classic 25c arcade) or Coyote Ugly for drinks. A few burlesque shows going on, too. Plenty to do if you want to get away from the tourists and have an underground NYC experience.

No offense, those places are also tourists spots. Those places are being run by out-of-town "cool" people who thought the places they were from, which is not NYC, wasn't cool enough to put on those shows. Those people that put on those shows, probably moved to NYC 5 years ago. They're the same as the tourists.

Underground NYC died a few years ago, when Bloomberg allowed all the fake yuppie out-of-town, townies into NYC. I've been living in NYC for over 30 years. Started going to CBGB's when I was 12 for the all-ages Sunday Matinees and went to all the raves and clubs back in the late 80's and 90's, now that's underground NYC.

I'd suggest Barcade (bar + classic 25c arcade) or Coyote Ugly for drinks. A few burlesque shows going on, too. Plenty to do if you want to get away from the tourists and have an underground NYC experience.

No offense, those places are also tourists spots. Those places are being run by out-of-town "cool" people who thought the places they were from, which is not NYC, wasn't cool enough to put on those shows. Those people that put on those shows, probably moved to NYC 5 years ago. They're the same as the tourists.

Underground NYC died a few years ago, when Bloomberg allowed all the fake yuppie out-of-town, townies into NYC. I've been living in NYC for over 30 years. Started going to CBGB's when I was 12 for the all-ages Sunday Matinees and went to all the raves and clubs back in the late 80's and 90's, now that's underground NYC.

doh! I hear ya.. times change.. nothing stays the same.. the good old days.. but when I said tourist traps, I meant Times Sq, chain restaurants, and the like.

Why you would want to be down on the neo-burlesque scene though? I have a lot of friends in Burlesque. It's good clean dirty fun.