• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turtles #1 CGC 7.5 White Pages 1st Print

15 posts in this topic

Nice book! Do you happen to know if the name and sketch is from Kevin Eastman or Peter Laird?

Nice book! Do you happen to know if the name and sketch is from Kevin Eastman or Peter Laird?
Wouldn't CGC put that info on the label?

Since it isn't certified (i.e. Signature Series), it isn't guaranteed that the name of the signer will be listed on the label. Clear signatures like John Romita Sr.'s seem to have a good chance of getting a "John Romita written on the cover in pen" notation, but even that's not a guarantee.

And looking at this label, it isn't noted, although it'd be pretty obvious upon cracking it out. I was just curious.

Good luck with the sale, it's a stellar book!

Well, then count me surprised! :grin:

Seems like CGC isn't particularly dilligent about trying to figure out the unverified names - I have a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac Special Edition #1 (written & drawn by Jhonen Vasquez), and, just like all other Special Edition #1's, it's signed & numbered by Jhonen on the inside. The label still says "Name written on interior front cover" :P

Anyway ... don't mean to de-rail this thread - this is a gorgeous book, no matter which signature it has.