• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To all the books I've loved before!

23 posts in this topic

I had been thinking about Short Stack Comics thread about having to sell his collection. It made me think about how I sold a lot of my books when I needed to move across country a long time ago.

A lot I sold some got lost in the move and others ended up getting abandoned.

I was looking at an old hard drive to get some pictures off it and I saw this. It is one of my books I miss. I still haven't found the pics of my AF#15 or ASM#1 but this was a good one. I wish I had it now because a friend of mine really wants one and he did me several solid favors over the years. If i had it I would definitely give it to him.

I was really glad not to see pictures of some of my old Mad magazines..I would've cried. I had them all signed by several people and they were some of my favorite books. I had a lot of early issues all signed at the SD con when they had an EC panel and a lot of Mad guys where there.

Anyway the day I left, I had them sitting by my keys,credit cards, and a necklace with sentimental value. They were my most important things and I ment to scoop them up and put in my backpack of worldly possessions and in the rush to catch a flight,forgot them.

Anyway feel free to post any pictures of books you miss!!

84367.jpg.4e7dc8500e4258266082c661334dc8e0.jpg

The first "really old" Archie I got. I miss it. I don't miss all the drama it caused in this house after it got graded, but I do miss it. The comic had character (haha pun) and was obviously well loved.

2850296461_b6bfa7c4a8.jpg

2851133416_c784ba7b62.jpg

2930030442_e390928681.jpg

(We bought it from Metropolis who said it was a 5.0 or 5.5.)

The first "really old" Archie I got. I miss it. I don't miss all the drama it caused in this house after it got graded, but I do miss it. The comic had character (haha pun) and was obviously well loved.

Im guessing Brittle pages brought the grade down?

It looks nicer than 1.8

That's an incredible looking 1.8. :eek:

It presents a lot nicer, and I'm sure whomever has it is enjoying it a lot.

so,...

how does he get out of that jam?

hm

I'll assume you're talking about the story, and not the person who bought the book.

Im guessing Brittle pages brought the grade down?

It looks nicer than 1.8

Yep.

F***ing Metropolis

(shrug) They returned some of the money, and then when we sold it a few months later we made up almost everything else. We're still out a few hundred, but whatever.

that!!!

i mean im not a rich man but even if i was...that aint right....

hate to hear stories of that happening

F***ing Metropolis

(shrug) They returned some of the money, and then when we sold it a few months later we made up almost everything else. We're still out a few hundred, but whatever.

that!!!

On the bright side, had it not been for that little drama event, I would have never known about these boards.

On the down side, I'm never buying anything from them again.

F***ing Metropolis

that!!!

On the bright side, had it not been for that little drama event, I would have never known about these boards.

On the down side, I'm never buying anything from them again.

after hearing that i wouldnt buy from them, its why i shy away from the internet most the time...but im not going to lie so far dealing on here has been a big plus for me!

I miss every book I've ever sold. I keep promising myself I won't sell ever again, but then the vicissitudes of life keep making me a liar... this hobby can break your heart, but, there's always something about it to pick you right back up.

I miss plenty of books I sold...but then I tell myself: "Self, if you had never sold all those great books you sold, you would have never bought all those great books you bought." hm

:cry:Metropolis!!!