• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mini MegaCon this weekend....

53 posts in this topic

Is this con reserved for diminutive Floridians? (shrug)

Diminutive Floridians > Vancouver dingle-berries :whistle:

greggy > Diminutive Floridians > Vancouver dingle-berries :whistle:

CFP > Chuck Norris >greggy > Diminutive Floridians > Vancouver dingle-berries :whistle:

greggy is at the top per your previous pyramid of power so pizz off.
:slapfight:

well, there is a chance bridget and I will be driving this weekend to claremont to purchase a vehicle (crazy, I know, drive 7 hours to buy a car)...and if we do, I will stop by

You can live in the keys and it wouldn't take 7 hours to drive to clermont, florida. In fact it doesn't take 7 hours to get to anything within Florida.

having driven to Dundee/haines city/Claremont at least 50 times in the past 5 years (my wife's family lives there), I can say with 100% certainty that it is a 7 hour drive (including a few rest stops, etc)...

heck, it takes me 10-11 hours to get to Miami from home when we go out of the Port on a Carnival cruise (thumbs u

well, there is a chance bridget and I will be driving this weekend to claremont to purchase a vehicle (crazy, I know, drive 7 hours to buy a car)...and if we do, I will stop by

Miser.

:makepoint:

nope, lack of availability...we are looking at a suburban and youkon danali, and we ext our search 500 miles to find choices... just no selection anywhere...

we missed a great one in Troy Al, and another in Thomasville Ga (both sold in a day)...

the one in Claremont also sold, so we didn't make the trip :cry:

You can live in the keys and it wouldn't take 7 hours to drive to clermont, florida. In fact it doesn't take 7 hours to get to anything within Florida.

Panhandle :gossip:

(thumbs u

having driven to Dundee/haines city/Claremont at least 50 times in the past 5 years (my wife's family lives there), I can say with 100% certainty that it is a 7 hour drive (including a few rest stops, etc)...

heck, it takes me 10-11 hours to get to Miami from home when we go out of the Port on a Carnival cruise (thumbs u

it's Clermont NOT Claremont, wow, I take the turnpike from Kissimmee and it's

less than 3 hours to Miami.

Remember, he is in the boonies. He's so close to Alabama, they keep sending him invites to renew his season tickets to Crimson Tide football. :kidaround:

Walked the convention floor for a few hours. Tried to buy a Showcase 22 and a Superman 51. Both ended up having resto. So I bought a Mountain Dew instead. Dropped a few books off at the CGC Booth. Took a couple pics. Convention was about what I expected. A handful of comic dealers. Tons of artists. Lots of anime people. Enjoyed a leisurely afternoon.

DSCN6412.jpg

DSCN6413.jpg

DSCN6417.jpg

yep, sure you saw the Showcase 22 at Marc Nathan's booth, which looks nice but has amateur color touch on the spine.

A couple of people asked me if I saw that book. I said "yes, but there must be something wrong with it if FK hadn't purchased it yet." lol

yep, sure you saw the Showcase 22 at Marc Nathan's booth, which looks nice but has amateur color touch on the spine.

A couple of people asked me if I saw that book. I said "yes, but there must be something wrong with it if FK hadn't purchased it yet." lol

I actually saw it before I even went out to Chicago. Opened it up, immediately saw the color touch. David Miller saw it on Marc's wall and I said, dude, it's got color touch. Pointed out to Marc who said he was aware -- not sure if a note has been made on it yet. And so... $950 or whatever it's stickered at now, is a bit high for amateur resto color touch. On the other hand, it was a very nice eye appeal copy, and I suppose the higher that book goes, the more reasonable the $950 tag for a restored copy might look...

I never claimed to be a speller lol

when we lived in Miami, it would take 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get to Dundee... went up 27, I think was the highway (went through the little town I used to go skydiving in, forget the name now)...most direct route we found (though maybe not fastest)...