• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's gonna be bidding on this CGC MINT 10?

34 posts in this topic

I'll bet it cracks $10K with ease. I'm thinking $12-15K easily. Maybe $20K. There are still some crazies out there. He did turn down $5K for it - I've heard that verified from somebody else.

However, the person who buys it will NOT be able to take a tax write off unless there is some very creative accounting going on.

My opinion on the 10.0 copy of Thor #156 is "So what". It's not a great cover, it's common, it's not a significant issue. If Chuck turned down $5000 I would seriously question the offer. If somebody offered me $5000 for a Thor #156 you would smell the smoke from me packing it so fast.

This is clearly a case of "HYPE" - Hope you pay Enough

I don't think the person buying this book is going to be buying a Thor 156. He/she is going to be buying the oldest CGC book in the worrrrrld! (please say the bold part in your best Dana Carvey as Mickey Rooney voice grin.gif ).

Supa, after thouroughly enjoying being on the 50 yard line (5th row) in the Black Hole, and watching the Raiders destroy the Patroits, I can't afford that comic! The wife & I spent enough to buy a nice CGC 9.6 early ASM blue chip book, but we had the greatest time! Hey, at this point, I'll sell off all my comics & try and make it to more games in the Black Hole! It's worth every penny! grin.gif

What made you dig up this old thread ?

That book was auctioned off for $5,000 by Chuck in 2002 and I don't recall it ever resurfacing.

Curiosity.

I DO recall something about this comic resurfacing, and am hoping someone knows who has it.

Curious CAL who had dug up MANY old Threads...

That book was auctioned off for $5,000 by Chuck in 2002 and I don't recall it ever resurfacing.

Curiosity.

I DO recall something about this comic resurfacing, and am hoping someone knows who has it.

I'll agree that it's better to bump than to add a new thread on an old topic.

Curiosity.

I'll agree that it's better to bump than to add a new thread on an old topic.

I should have bought it at the time...a lot of things that I should have done...

Oh well CAL... 2c

Curiosity.

Just recently one or more old threads ABOUT Cal were dug up, so it resonable for Cal to dig up old ones if he wants.

Tony who is just trying to be fair...

Curiosity.

Just recently one or more old threads ABOUT Cal were dug up, so it resonable for Cal to dig up old ones if he wants.

Tony who is just trying to be fair...

Thanks for being fair, Tony S.

However, "No good deed goes unpunished".

If the Trolls decide to punish you for trying to be fair, they will. Trust me.

CAL who can't forget...