• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best comic subscription service?

30 posts in this topic

I've finally decided to let go of my LCS. It's really become a hassle; most books are damaged somehow, it's a small shop so he doesn't order much, etc. After reading about the horror stories here on the boards, I wanted to get public opinion on which site provides the best overall service.

Who gets the trophy? hm

If I were to create categories, I would have to say:

1. Condition of books: which company takes care of your needs regarding condition? Do you feel they care for you as a customer?

2. Discounts and specials: This is a bonus, but not a neccesity.

3. Consistency and great customer service: Things happen, but who goes the extra mile to fix things when something goes wrong?

Any feedback would help me out a lot. Thanks! (thumbs u

I again recommend DCBS (Discount Comic Book Service)

http://www.dcbservice.com/

Never any damage. You can also request that your books be shipped in 2 mil mylites and 48 mil full backs. (thumbs u

Good discounts (to include variants and sketch covers)

Excellent customer service.

I think we should get a sticky of this some where as this question comes up quite often.

Never any damage. You can also request that your books be shipped in 2 mil mylites and 48 mil full backs. (thumbs u

I think we should get a sticky of this some where as this question comes up quite often.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

And your right, I'm sure this is a re-hashed topic, but I always seem to miss the good info whenever it's posted. :cry:

I agree 100%.

Books are always on time and in excellent condition. Emails are replied to within at the most 48 hours and many times earlier. If a book has damage, book has always been replaced, no questions asked even though I don't request bags and boards for mine. They have never failed me in 3+ years. (thumbs u

And your right, I'm sure this is a re-hashed topic, but I always seem to miss the good info whenever it's posted. :cry:

No worries! I just thought it would be helpful to newer members that were looking for the same information! (thumbs u

+1 for DCBS!

Just like Scrooge said they are great on the customer service side. I've had one book come with a big split down the spine and another that had the wrong pages in the book (Deathblow and Wetworks pages were mixed). E-Mailed about the problem and the sent the new ones in my next shipment. Other times I've askd for things to be added after the due date and they were able to get the books to me. And with 40% off most books you just can't go wrong.

Has anyone tried mailordercomics.com?

A friend of mine uses them, and he's had no complaints. I've seen the books he gets, nary a ding or crease to be found.

No worries! I just thought it would be helpful to newer members that were looking for the same information! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Once you have an account with DCBS there is an option in your profile to create a 'Pull List'. I never did this, but I would think that is what you're looking for...maybe someone that has used that function can comment?

I use mailordercomics. They aren't as slick or discounty as dbcs but they have fantastic customer service. Everytime I've had an issue in the last four years they've fixed it quickly and to my satisfaction. That goes a long way for me. I haven't used any of the others so I can't speak for them.

I have used Westfield Comics for the better part of 25 years. I love them and the customer service is great.

I used Westfield for many years before switching to DCBS about 4 years ago.

Both are great, but DCBS beats Westfield's pricing hands down. Never had an issue that wasn't quickly corrected with either service.