• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal COMIC CON Sept.19-20

65 posts in this topic

Thank God I checked this. I had no idea there was one this weekend!! I'm in town for a to play a Rugby game this Saturday, but will definately be there Sunday. Hopefully some good stuff will be there still.

Good to see some Montreal boarders exist!

PHEW. Day One is over.

Attendance was great for a Montreal show. There must have been over 2,000 people. MANY women and kids. Always a good sign. It only died down around 3:30/4PM.

My sales were solid considering all of the competition and the fact I only had one table. My notable sales:

1) PLENTY of low grade SA/BA DC and MARVEL (mostly BAT titles, X-MEN, and ASM issues).

2) BATMAN #232,

3) GL #76 (I hope you're pleased DIKRAN!),

4) ASM #40,

5) ASM #122,

6) ALI vs. SUPERMAN, and

7) NEW MUTANTS #98

I'll bring the camera tomorrow, and if all goes well I'll write an actual report later this week with PICS (tomorrow is the costume contest!!!).

I met fellow boardie DIKRAN, and chatted with MONKEYMAN for a couple of minutes.

Now it's time to sleep!

FYI gang. My neighbor at the show sold a SHOWCASE #22 in about 2.5ish to another dealer for $425.00 CDN. Pretty high for resale, but the book is hot and I know everyone is tracking the sales of this book.

Back to the con and time to move some cheapies to lighten the load tonight!!!

I attended on Saturday and it was good turnout. All in all a very good con and I am looking forward to next year. Here are some pics (sorry in advance for the large size).

Harley was there.

Sept09Show2.jpg

There was also a group that dresses up as Star Wars characters. Not too many people in costume, but the main competition was Sunday.

Sept09Show3.jpg

Sept09Show4.jpg

Sept09Show5.jpg

Sept09Show6.jpg

Sept09Show8.jpg

Finally, I passed throug artists alley on the way out. I lot of artists, but they were mostly locals. I stopped at Tom Fowlers's table and picked up three pieces for a reasonable price. Normally I only buy art from comics I have read, but I like Tom's style and these pages struck my fancy. Now I will have to buy the comics.

Sept09Show16.jpg

Sept09Show17.jpg

Sept09Show18.jpg

Thanks for the report gang.

What was the selection like for higher grade SA and BA books? Any keys?

Any Timely stuff?

R.

There was a surprisingly large number of mid-grade, higher value comics like FF and ASM 3-10. There were some nice GA books around, but the only Timely I saw was at Harley's booth. He came all the way to Montreal with only one small box which he put on the wall (to his left in the pic). They were all nice books, but out of my price range. I was looking for early Tecs in the 6.0-7.0 range. Harley had three, but all VF/NM. The big thing this year was the number of people and the costumes which we rarely have.

Mike