• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman #18 Euro Blank Megathread! Well...at most 555

734 posts in this topic

Im fortunate to have friends in the industry in both the creative and administrative.

I try not to ( and have not) let out any info that would jeopardize plans that have been in the works for months. The lack of blanks from DC is not because they dont want to them but because they dont have to do them.

But fans are demanding them and at some point the fans will get what they want.

There. no bean spillage.

:)

Found this one in Germany. It's signed by Guiseppe Camuncoli @ Erlangen 2006 (Where this Variant was released). Since there are no CGC Witnesses in Europe, this comic would not get a yellow label.

Batman18-1.jpg

But my question is: If there is an artist, who could paint over it, would it receive a yellow label?

Found this one in Germany. It's signed by Guiseppe Camuncoli @ Erlangen 2006 (Where this Variant was released). Since there are no CGC Witnesses in Europe, this comic would not get a yellow label.

Batman18-1.jpg

But my question is: If there is an artist, who could paint over it, would it receive a yellow label?

Bill Dihn is making beautiful "negative" sketches like this one:

th_IMG_1007.jpg

Maybe at the next Dihn-Opportunity, he could color the background fully black and make a white Batman. Could be cool...

Batman18-1.jpg

Yes. As long as the artist doing the additional work met the CGC SS guidelines.