• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spin-off: What's the best 10-20 issue comic book run to read?

120 posts in this topic

Preacher #1 - #20

Batman #516 - #536

Why did you stop at 536? I would include the whole run up to 552.

=============================

Aside for the Batman titles mentioned here so far, my personal favorite:

Suicide Squad the first 25 issues all written by Ostrander and are fantastic reads.

Fear 10-19

Man-Thing vol.1 1-22

Essential Man-Thing is great, as you can read it all in one sitting. While never the most popular of the Marvel Bronze Age Horror run, the stories are pretty well written on a variety of common and meaningful topics about life in general and it's vices. I always felt this book was a little ahead of it's time and yet stayed on tact with the issues of the current day. Issue #4 'The Night of the Laughing Dead" is one of the best stories of the era buried in a luke warm run-give it a go.

Preacher #1 - #20

Batman #516 - #536

And I would, but he was only asking for 20 issues :grin:

Preacher #1 - #20

Batman #516 - #536

I know but I still snuck in an extra 5 issues with my SS rec. :)

I just love the entire Moench/Jones Batman run though and feel that you cannot skip an issue.

Preacher #1 - #20

Batman #516 - #536

I know but I still snuck in an extra 5 issues with my SS rec. :)

I just love the entire Moench/Jones Batman run though and feel that you cannot skip an issue.

(thumbs u

Fear 10-19

Man-Thing vol.1 1-22

Essential Man-Thing is great, as you can read it all in one sitting. While never the most popular of the Marvel Bronze Age Horror run, the stories are pretty well written on a variety of common and meaningful topics about life in general and it's vices. I always felt this book was a little ahead of it's time and yet stayed on tact with the issues of the current day. Issue #4 'The Night of the Laughing Dead" is one of the best stories of the era buried in a luke warm run-give it a go.

Written by the late Steve Gerber, he was the Alan Moore of the 1970`s, I urge any comic historian to check out his work.

Not much came out of "Marvel Comics Presents" but it does have the Weapon X story arc to it's credit and those issues are still cheap and not sure what the print run was on that series, but those could see a steady rise in the guide continue for the foreseable future.

Uncanny X-Men #119-138.

-slym

(thumbs u , although that's 21 issues.

You might want to take another crack at it...but try using your toes as well this time. :baiting:

Uncanny X-Men #119-138.

Read #94-118 before that, and you've got yourself a ^^

(thumbs u

Any arc of Sandman

Animal Man 1-24

(worship)

Any Sandman arc is the shizzle, but The Doll's House and Season of Mists are two of my favorites.

BUT, it's Animal Man 1-26, not 24. (thumbs u

Add to that Goon vol. 3 #1-12 or so (with the major payloads being issues #5 and #9), and the Damnation's Flame and Rake at the Gates of Hell arcs in Hellblazer by Ennis.

If you can afford it MIRACLEMAN #1-#16 (Moore) or if your looking for a trade I'd suggest Moore's Saga Of The Swamp Thing.

this i'm working on as we speak, but i'm buying every issue in order of release.

FF 39-60 is the peak of the Silver Age.

Agreed! :headbang:

It is nice to see how many boardies think these books were the best. These books are what turned me onto comics and I still love to reread these books. The art is amazing and the pages seem to turn themselves when I pick one up. There are lots of great comics and characters in comics but FF will always be my mashed potatoes and gravy. (thumbs u