• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA/BA Super Keys X-Men #1 HULK 181,FF #4 TOS #39 + more

182 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of this either.

Has anyone dealt with Trey before?

I assumed he was honest...and still really don't have a reason not to believe him.

It's just that the JIM #83 was sold (not to me) and now I'm not sure if I want to paypal my money for the Showcase unless this is all on the up and up.

I already had someone rip me off $1400 last month.

:eek:

I'm not saying Trey is dishonest, I'm just saying that I really don't feel comfortable right now and wonder what Trey can do to alleviate that.

Roy, you posted the :takeit: ( for the J.I.M. # 83 ) one minute after he listed the books. He clearly stated the :takeit: takes priority over P.M.s. I didnt see anyone else post for the book, so who bought it? It should be yours, correct? I asked for a scan of the F.F. # 4 but got no response whatsoever.

DRX

I think I'd need to see photos of the books on top of today's newspapers or something before I sent any money Roy...this in combination with the odd post in general, would make me very leery, sometimes a bargain IS too good to be true.

(thumbs u

I was thinking along those lines.

I never did get a pic of either book although I was promised pics.

Hey guys, by chance, what happens when you send money via paypal, "personally" as a gift..instead of "business" ? I understand that paypal will charge you the 3%...but he wanted me to send the paypal "personal" as a gift so he wouldnt get hit by it. I thought paypal charged 3% regardless?
my understanding is if you send personal as a gift, you can't file against and get your money back, but I could be wrong (shrug)

That's my understanding as well. Why take a chance? It's not personal, it's a sale of goods. Always better to be on the up and up.

You have absolutely no protection if you send as gift, it`s not worth the 3%.

I assumed he was honest...and still really don't have a reason not to believe him.

It's just that the JIM #83 was sold (not to me) and now I'm not sure if I want to paypal my money for the Showcase unless this is all on the up and up.

I'm not saying Trey is dishonest, I'm just saying that I really don't feel comfortable right now and wonder what Trey can do to alleviate that.

Roy, you posted the :takeit: ( for the J.I.M. # 83 ) one minute after he listed the books. He clearly stated the :takeit: takes priority over P.M.s. I didnt see anyone else post for the book, so who bought it? It should be yours, correct? I asked for a scan of the F.F. # 4 but got no response whatsoever.

DRX

From his post about bad LCS dealings in General:

very good point.

However, I have had that happen with one of my books although he didn't pay more . I had some books that I knew I had for sale and instock on one day. I only work on my comics part time . Because of my full time job . So I normally open up around 11 am and I leave around 2 the same day. However, I have a Brother who runs the place from 2-8pm and he closes for me. Well I listed the books that I knew we had in stock after I left at 2pm So I listed them on the boards. Now first thing my younger brother for him this is his full time Job I hate to talk bad about him but he isn't the sharpest tool in the tool shed. His IQ is really about an 80 .Working for me is just about the only thing he can do because he can't even function in a McDonalds. You have to constantly explain to him the rules of the shop. He can operated the cash register just fine...(its an old one no computerized) However, he forgets shop rules Which my #1 rule is if you sell a high dollar book call me after the sell so I won't list any books that are already sold that Sold during the previous day between 2-8pm. Well I listed some books on the boards yesterday. around 6pm. Thinking that all books were availbe. Well a board member bought two of my books I had listed. So I get up to open up and pick up the books that the board members bought. Well I go looking for them and one of them is missing . So I am naturally concerned did some one steal it was it sold what the frack is going on here. Well I start looking for it still can't find it . So I go to the safe were all sales slips are kept and guess what. The one books sold the previous day after I left my brother in charge. So I call him up and say "Hey did you sell that JIM 83 yesterday I see a reciept saying a guy come in and bought the book:" My brothers reply was "Oh yeah I left you a note in the cash register." I am thinking oh great I made a commitment to sell the book to a boardie and now I don't have the book. So I say " Jeff ! don't you remember what the #1 rule is" He sys "uh huh let you know that I sold a high dollar book" "Thats what I did I left you a note" I said "NO NO NO your suppose to CALL ME" Anyway I had to let the boardie know that yes I had one of the books but the otherone sold the previous day and I explained the circumstances and offered to ship the other book which was a Showcase #22 1.5/1.8 for free and cover Insurance Priorty Shipping Signature confiirmation and Delivery Confirmation. He had not paid me for either book yet . However, I feel because of my brothers carelessness I may have lost the boardies business on the Showcase. But hey what could I do. I even called the guy that bought the book (he is a regular) and tried to get it back for what he paid for it plus 100 bucks for the trouble. . But of course he didn't want to part with it so I was stuck with egg on my face and felt pretty crappy about the way it went down but my hands were tied.. Was I right or wrong in the way I handled it ?

This was an idea that was on a different forum when I was collecting shoes. When people would sell an item, they would "tag" the picture (write there screen name and date on a piece of paper ) and place it on the item and take a picture This would prove they had the item for sale. It help prevent fraudulent people from selling high end shoes, saying they had it.

Although, this would be a bit hard, with the amount of comics one can post in a thread. It does help with fraud.

Hey guys, by chance, what happens when you send money via paypal, "personally" as a gift..instead of "business" ? I understand that paypal will charge you the 3%...but he wanted me to send the paypal "personal" as a gift so he wouldnt get hit by it. I thought paypal charged 3% regardless?
my understanding is if you send personal as a gift, you can't file against and get your money back, but I could be wrong (shrug)

That's my understanding as well. Why take a chance? It's not personal, it's a sale of goods. Always better to be on the up and up.

Just to be clear, PayPal doesn't charge any percentage if you use a PayPal balance or a bank account. You only get charged if you use a credit card. And as far as the protection is concerned, you all are right, if you send something personal then the rationale is that you know who you are sending money to, so your protection is withdrawn.

DRX

very good point.

However, I have had that happen with one of my books although he didn't pay more . I had some books that I knew I had for sale and instock on one day. I only work on my comics part time . Because of my full time job . So I normally open up around 11 am and I leave around 2 the same day. However, I have a Brother who runs the place from 2-8pm and he closes for me. Well I listed the books that I knew we had in stock after I left at 2pm So I listed them on the boards. Now first thing my younger brother for him this is his full time Job I hate to talk bad about him but he isn't the sharpest tool in the tool shed. His IQ is really about an 80 .Working for me is just about the only thing he can do because he can't even function in a McDonalds. You have to constantly explain to him the rules of the shop. He can operated the cash register just fine...(its an old one no computerized) However, he forgets shop rules Which my #1 rule is if you sell a high dollar book call me after the sell so I won't list any books that are already sold that Sold during the previous day between 2-8pm. Well I listed some books on the boards yesterday. around 6pm. Thinking that all books were availbe. Well a board member bought two of my books I had listed. So I get up to open up and pick up the books that the board members bought. Well I go looking for them and one of them is missing . So I am naturally concerned did some one steal it was it sold what the frack is going on here. Well I start looking for it still can't find it . So I go to the safe were all sales slips are kept and guess what. The one books sold the previous day after I left my brother in charge. So I call him up and say "Hey did you sell that JIM 83 yesterday I see a reciept saying a guy come in and bought the book:" My brothers reply was "Oh yeah I left you a note in the cash register." I am thinking oh great I made a commitment to sell the book to a boardie and now I don't have the book. So I say " Jeff ! don't you remember what the #1 rule is" He sys "uh huh let you know that I sold a high dollar book" "Thats what I did I left you a note" I said "NO NO NO your suppose to CALL ME" Anyway I had to let the boardie know that yes I had one of the books but the otherone sold the previous day and I explained the circumstances and offered to ship the other book which was a Showcase #22 1.5/1.8 for free and cover Insurance Priorty Shipping Signature confiirmation and Delivery Confirmation. He had not paid me for either book yet . However, I feel because of my brothers carelessness I may have lost the boardies business on the Showcase. But hey what could I do. I even called the guy that bought the book (he is a regular) and tried to get it back for what he paid for it plus 100 bucks for the trouble. . But of course he didn't want to part with it so I was stuck with egg on my face and felt pretty crappy about the way it went down but my hands were tied.. Was I right or wrong in the way I handled it ?

Just got done reading it. I guess that explains it???

DRX

DRX

very good point.

Just got done reading it. I guess that explains it???

DRX

:roflmao: That was a creepy read, dude. Just saying...

Just to be clear, PayPal doesn't charge any percentage if you use a PayPal balance or a bank account. You only get charged if you use a credit card. And as far as the protection is concerned, you all are right, if you send something personal then the rationale is that you know who you are sending money to, so your protection is withdrawn.

plus it be frauding paypal, not only would they lose thier money but maybe thier paypal account, similar to someone calling the police saying someone stole thier crack ;) paypal would not be sympathetic that someone got ripped off because they tried to avoid the 3% fees.

plus it be frauding paypal, not only would they lose thier money but maybe thier paypal account, similar to someone calling the police saying someone stole thier crack ;) paypal would not be sympathetic that someone got ripped off because they tried to avoid the 3% fees.

Completely agree. Nothing like getting screwed over twice. (thumbs u

I actual bought something, 3 ASM slabs from him 2 weeks ago and received them within four days. He did have scans and they were on the registry. These were some cheapies but I actually did recieve my books :)

This was an idea that was on a different forum when I was collecting shoes. When people would sell an item, they would "tag" the picture (write there screen name and date on a piece of paper ) and place it on the item and take a picture This would prove they had the item for sale. It help prevent fraudulent people from selling high end shoes, saying they had it.

Although, this would be a bit hard, with the amount of comics one can post in a thread. It does help with fraud.

Easily defeated by Photoshop.

Easily defeated by Photoshop.

True.

Come on, people, didn't anyone see this coming? The guy JUST joined the boards three months ago, started 70,000 threads a day, and claims he lives in Tennessee.

That ALONE should give one pause...

;)

Hmmmph! I've only been here for 5 months and I've sold about 10k worth of books with no problems... :sumo:

Come on, people, didn't anyone see this coming? The guy JUST joined the boards three months ago, started 70,000 threads a day, and claims he lives in Tennessee.

;)

Hmmmph! I've only been here for 5 months and I've sold about 10k worth of books with no problems... :sumo:

yes, but do you claim to live in Tennessee...?

Hmmmmmmmm?

lol

;)

I live in Knoxville, TN and no one has ever had a reason to question my practices. I do not believe that being in/from TN has anything to do with this.

John B. :sumo: