• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mass Hysteria

180 posts in this topic

Always thought Hedy Lamarr was one of the hottest women of the golden age of the silver screen.

And one of the smartest too - she invented the basics of a coding scheme (Code Division Multiple Access) that is now used in the telecom industry by all the major carriers in the U.S. and many countries around the world.

Always thought Hedy Lamarr was one of the hottest women of the golden age of the silver screen.

84971.jpg

"Thats Hedley!!"

hedley_lamarr-705340_profile_page.jpg

I was wondering how long that would take. lol

couldnt resist! lol

Rack 'em...and she's a redhead!!

christina-hendricks.jpg

Oh........my....................GOD! :cloud9::luhv:

WHO IS THIS?????

She plays a secretary on the TV show Mad Men.

She also played a floatation device in the movie TiTanic :devil:

Rack 'em...and she's a redhead!!

christina-hendricks.jpg

Oh........my....................GOD! :cloud9::luhv:

WHO IS THIS?????

She plays a secretary on the TV show Mad Men.

She also played a floatation device in the movie TiTanic :devil:

Holy Cow!!

Top three please..yoooooour top three....

12 Oscar nominations makes that a bit tough. How about five:

Philadelphia Story

African Queen

On Golden Pond

A Long Days Journey Into Night

and

Any movie she made with Spencer Tracy

The funny part is?

Your top 4 is entirely different from my Top 3...and absolutely just as valid...

(thumbs u

Entire PM

While I think that early SA can make gains on GA due to a larger demographic of collectors, these folks that are emotionally attached to the SA and think that these enormous prices realized here and there for some top census copies are foolishly optimistic about the sustainable strength of these values.. I understand to an extent, we all want the funny books that we love so much to be worth a fortune as a whole (not just our own personal copies), we all want the hobby to be strong and compete with any other high end collectible market out there.

However, I think all the signs are there for a bust. Many books are falsely inflated. I also think the "deep pocket boys" will become bored after a while, or atleast get what they want and have little influence on the values at that point.

Bill,

What is your point? Here is a response to a question about a Silver Age crash from poster "clobberintime" from August of 2004:

"Not sure that it will be a crash but I expect a major correction anytime now. Things have been skyrocketing for about a year now and nothing goes up forever. Besides - look at the census. Right now, Spidey due to the movie is the hottest thing going. There are 20 issues graded in the 9.0 or better slot for #1, 32 issues 9.0 or better for #3, 23 issues for the very "rare" #11, and 85 issues for #14! Now a 9.0 #1 goes for over $20,000 - how many folks are in this for the long haul rgularly buying comics costing over $2000 a piece? I think supply, demand , and nutty pricing are about to have a train wreck. And I still have a huge collection and am still buying good books - like that FF 53 9.4 from you - but I think it would be wise to be conservative. I see a lot of Spidey 14 9.4s around for instance being offered at $8000 to $10,000 - but I don't see a lot of takers. CGC has only been around like 4 years now and there are far more high grade issues around than I believed there were. So unless you have the money to blow or unless the hobby is really expanding to bring the true believers, I would be careful."

My point is to showcase my BAF's sharp observation; stimulate conversation bout it like this sweet post of yours; demonstrate my shared suspicion that this all might be make believe demand; & concede that boredom (distraction as I call it) might weigh heavy on us all one day.

After that, I wanted to see some really hot chicks.

And you didn't even quote the "all the signs are there for a bust" part.

Clara Bow?

No.

but you're close.

Murder She Wrote

No.

Looking again I'm guessing mae West.

No, but you've got the right era.

Hint: look at the eyes.

Her hair is hollow gold, lips sweet surprise, she's pure as New York snow, she's got Bette Davis eyes?

Here hair is Harlow gold -- as in Jean Harlow, the original platinum blonde.

Ingrid Bergman :luhv:

beri.jpg

beri2.jpg

beri3.jpg

beri004.jpg

beri5.jpg

beri7.jpg

beri9.jpg

I see your Ingrid, and raise you an Isabella....

isabella-rossellini02.jpg

isabella_rossellini_gallery_10.jpg

IsabellaRossellini-700385.jpg

Not classy as the previous ones..but I doubt someone would throw her out of bed!

She wouldn't even get through my front door.

Does nothing for me.

Nothing is sexier to me than class.

This girl's like school in summer...