• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's 75th Anniversary

89 posts in this topic

I heard they are returning Wonder Woman to it's original numbering.

I wish they'd do that more often, and respect their heritage. It makes it so much more worth collecting.

Totally agree! I was so happy when they did this with Superman and Adventure Comics. Would be great if they´d do it with every other major character series, like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash (not major, but can be cool :D ) and revive More Fun and All Star. That would be sooooo freaking great!

And they should count the numbering from the 2nd and 3 series that were published so far. Fe. Wonder Woman would continue with 590something....counting the GA series to #329, the 226 books of the second series and the few from the new.

That would definitely show respect to their heritage an continuity!

Are you guys serious? Numbering has nothing to do with the quality of the art and story. If they changed the numbers, the titles would be more worth collecting? :screwy:

Do you want the art and the story to be like they were back in the Golden Age, or do you want them to be good?

I'm gonna stop myself from answering this for fear of being rude and upsetting people.

lol

I like the idea of a new More Fun or All Star Comics. With the Spectre in MF

Exactly.

Resurrect their very first ever title, the one that started in February 1935

Do you want the art and the story to be like they were back in the Golden Age, or do you want them to be good?

well, aren't you ever the hole? and you don't even know what you're talking about! stop posting, go back to the mile high boards, and leave real comic discussions alone.

I like the idea of a new More Fun or All Star Comics. With the Spectre in MF

Exactly.

Resurrect their very first ever title, the one that started in February 1935

well, aren't you ever the hole? and you don't even know what you're talking about! stop posting, go back to the mile high boards, and leave real comic discussions alone.

lol! Hit a nerve did I? Wait, I'm working on some panels for the new JSA book, brb...

Ian might remember these panels:

Not even vaguely funny.

In a time of terrible war and depression, the Justice Society of America gave a whole generation of kids hope for the future, and a sparkling ray of entertainment and distraction in a bleak time.

If you can't see that, and can't see how they pioneered all super hero comics that exist today, then I feel sad and sorry for you, and I'm glad I'm not like you.

Today's comics, and yes I buy every DC, are a pile of utter crud compared to both the Golden Age and Silver Age.

Comics were enjoyable to read then.

Now you need a continuity dictionary, a degree in psychology, and a complete lack of imagination and joie de vivre.

Bring back the style of Gardner Fox.

I used to enjoy reading my comics when they came out brand new. Now I collect them for the sake of what they USED to be.

Wednesday Comics are the exception - they're just FABULOUS.

Or better still, have the original lineup set in the 1940s.

I like that idea---no need to worry about continuity. Maybe do some "secret" tales of adventures on the front or something (I know, the team isn't supposed to be able to go b/c of the spear of destiny or whatever...can we scrap that story somehow already?).

I know I haven't posted on here for a long long time, but.........

February 2010 is only five months away.

It's the 75th anniversary of DC Comics.

Are they planning to do ANYTHING AT ALL about it.

If they don't, or if they leave it later in the year, it would be a disgrace.

But five months is such a short time and I have heard nothing whatosever yet.

whats up for the 75th

Today's comics, and yes I buy every DC, are a pile of utter crud compared to both the Golden Age and Silver Age.

Comics were enjoyable to read then.

I used to enjoy reading my comics when they came out brand new. Now I collect them for the sake of what they USED to be.

If you spend $1500 a month on comics and you hate them and don't read them, then I feel sad and sorry for you, and I'm glad I'm not like you.

It's ironic that Geoff Johns who wrote your fave, JSA, is kicking some azz with Green Lantern/Blackest Night. Great art, great writing - best current DC books. Check 'em out!

I heard they are returning Wonder Woman to it's original numbering.

I wish they'd do that more often, and respect their heritage. It makes it so much more worth collecting.

Totally agree! I was so happy when they did this with Superman and Adventure Comics. Would be great if they´d do it with every other major character series, like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash (not major, but can be cool :D ) and revive More Fun and All Star. That would be sooooo freaking great!

And they should count the numbering from the 2nd and 3 series that were published so far. Fe. Wonder Woman would continue with 590something....counting the GA series to #329, the 226 books of the second series and the few from the new.

That would definitely show respect to their heritage an continuity!

Are you guys serious? Numbering has nothing to do with the quality of the art and story. If they changed the numbers, the titles would be more worth collecting? :screwy:

Well, DC (and Marvel) restarted the numbering in the first place because they thought it would make the books more collectible. It does the opposite for me...really bugs me that one issue is #63 and the next is #1 for no apparent reason besides greed. I like collecting long unbroken runs, but maybe that's just my Asperger's talking. :grin:

I like collecting long unbroken runs, but maybe that's just my Asperger's talking.

So do I - Action 1 to 870 for example.

Does that automatically mean we have Aspergers Syndrome ??? Isn't that what Jerry had on Boston Legal ???

I like collecting long unbroken runs, but maybe that's just my Asperger's talking.

Does that automatically mean we have Aspergers Syndrome ??? Isn't that what Jerry had on Boston Legal ???

Original numbering rocks, I mean I still love owning ASM 238, 252, 289, and 300 and those didn't have to be specially numbered, they just had to kick some Arse!

That whole mentality about owning a book because it's a number one is and I think we all agree.

Oh and how about for the 75th anniversary they re-release Superman 75 in a special golden edition where Superman really stays dead.

Original numbering rocks, I mean I still love owning ASM 238, 252, 289, and 300 and those didn't have to be specially numbered, they just had to kick some Arse!

That whole mentality about owning a book because it's a number one is and I think we all agree.

Oh and how about for the 75th anniversary they re-release Superman 75 in a special golden edition where Superman really stays dead.

That's just mean. Superman could kick Wolverine's any day of the week.