• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's 75th Anniversary

89 posts in this topic

I like collecting long unbroken runs, but maybe that's just my Asperger's talking.

So do I - Action 1 to 870 for example.

Does that automatically mean we have Aspergers Syndrome ??? Isn't that what Jerry had on Boston Legal ???

Original numbering rocks, I mean I still love owning ASM 238, 252, 289, and 300 and those didn't have to be specially numbered, they just had to kick some Arse!

That whole mentality about owning a book because it's a number one is and I think we all agree.

Oh and how about for the 75th anniversary they re-release Superman 75 in a special golden edition where Superman really stays dead.

That's just mean. Superman could kick Wolverine's any day of the week.

Of course he could. He's Superman. He's a god! I'm totally with Lex Luthor on this, the dude is too powerful.

In all seriousness, I was making a joke since it's the 75th anniversary and Superman "died" in Superman 75 and tons of people bought into the hype.

WHAT ABOUT A DC BLANK??????

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a blank.

Do you literally mean a blank cover ????

:gossip: It's a Marvel thing. Put out a blank cover and have an artist sketch one in at a convention.

It's a Marvel thing. Put out a blank cover and have an artist sketch one in at a convention.

Ooooh dear. Lets hope that never happens with DC. Horrible awful idea.

It's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse...I agree with Ian 100% doh!

I concur with you both.

Not about the apocalypse though.

It's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse...I agree with Ian 100%

It's like all the 1 in 15 and 1 in 25 variant covers. There's no reason for it - it's nothing short of greed.

How I yearn for the days of the Silver Age - every new comic was exciting and easy to read, and didn't have six alternate covers.

:roflmao:

And he's still pissed off!

I was asked by an editor from DC a couple months back to provide a high quality scan of my JLA 1 cover. They planned on doing something for their 75th and needed scans of original art of certian covers.....I was told it was for merchandising reasons.....I was thinking they were putting out a coffee table type book, but they are not I was told.

I did indeed, and DC ignored it, so everyone concluded that the reason they were ignoring it was because the 75th was the one they'd be celebrating.

Well whoop dee doo.

Here we are with just five months to go till the 75th anniversary of DC Comics, the company who brought you Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

75 years.

Well ?????????????????????????????????????

I was asked by an editor from DC a couple months back to provide a high quality scan of my JLA 1 cover. They planned on doing something for their 75th and needed scans of original art of certian covers...

So what do you think this was for ?????

Warner Bros. is not interested in history. They are interested in money and they do not see the value of investing in their brand. I think it is short sighted but they are the ones that have allowed an industry that once sold millions of copies of a single issue to generations of kids to sell 80-100K to a bunch of adults who may be the last generation to buy comics in printed form.

Warner Bros. is not interested in history. They are interested in money and they do not see the value of investing in their brand. I think it is short sighted but they are the ones that have allowed an industry that once sold millions of copies of a single issue to generations of kids to sell 80-100K to a bunch of adults who may be the last generation to buy comics in printed form.

I think you might want to investigate current print runs. :gossip:

I´m soooo jealous, that Disney bought Marvel and not DC :cry:

I like DC´s so much better and believe that there´s a lot of potential in it, that a company like Disney is certainly able to revive! Something Warner is obviously not able to do.

Maybe a certain mouse-eared logo company should buy DC, too and bring some life back to these great comics?

Marvel had nothing to do with it? And what title from the past 30 years (40 years? 50 years?) has repeatedly sold millions of copies of each single issue?

I´m soooo jealous, that Disney bought Marvel and not DC :cry:

I like DC´s so much better and believe that there´s a lot of potential in it, that a company like Disney is certainly able to revive! Something Warner is obviously not able to do.

Maybe a certain mouse-eared logo company should buy DC, too and bring some life back to these great comics?

The only thing Disney can do to help Marvel is fire Joe Q.

I think you might want to investigate current print runs. :gossip:

I was trying to be kind.