• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone else disappointed with "Wednesday's Comics?"

17 posts in this topic

i just picked up the 1st issue. the artwork is great. story is fine so far, but that's just the problem. i get 1 page of about 10 different stories featuring just as many characters? for $4? maybe for $1.50-$2, but for what you get at that price, i'll wait for the trade, which i'll probably be able to find for $15 or less.

I felt the same way. I was only excited to get two or three of the stories and I can't justify the price tag for that. What was DC thinking? Sure, there's some nostalgia and some novelty going back to newsprint, but they priced it like a prestige format book.

:screwy:

I hate the price, they are to expensive for newspaper quality paper. My issue # 1 is already turning brown, I can't see these holding up very well at all.

EXACTLY! i saw that and immediately figured the book would be about $1.50 with short stories of every character. not sure why green lantern, superman, etc are in it anyway. tehy already have books on their own. cut back on characters, give more story

Well, the whole point is to do an experiment in the Sunday funnies style rather than the comic book style. So, extending the storylines for more than a page would be just another comic book anthology. An oversized one, yes, but if that's what they were after, they could have brought back the treasury-sized format.

The $3.99 price on newsprint should put to bed the myth that modern comics are priced so high because of the expensive paper.

Well, the whole point is to do an experiment in the Sunday funnies style rather than the comic book style. So, extending the storylines for more than a page would be just another comic book anthology. An oversized one, yes, but if that's what they were after, they could have brought back the treasury-sized format.

The $3.99 price on newsprint should put to bed the myth that modern comics are priced so high because of the expensive paper.

exactly the newsprint is just as expensive.The cost also really has more to do with the ink than actual paper.

I hate the price, they are to expensive for newspaper quality paper. My issue # 1 is already turning brown, I can't see these holding up very well at all.

I saw this and have to ask. Where are you storing your books that this book is already turning brown?

I saw this and have to ask. Where are you storing your books that this book is already turning brown?

Bathroom? :eek:

i didn't bag and board it, It is sitting on my coffee table.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, Have you ever read serial comics in the Sunday paper like Prince Valiant? It's like that. It is tricky, and some creators are doing better than others making each episode entertaining while advancing the story in small but definite steps, which is most satisfying, IMHO. Kamandi stands out in that respect, and I've never read a single page of a Kamandi book before.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, Have you ever read serial comics in the Sunday paper like Prince Valiant? It's like that. It is tricky, and some creators are doing better than others making each episode entertaining while advancing the story in small but definite steps, which is most satisfying, IMHO. Kamandi stands out in that respect, and I've never read a single page of a Kamandi book before.

i don't have to pay $4 for the sunday paper.

(thumbs u Dave Gibbons & Ryan Sook are clearly having fun with their Hal Foster homage, and it shows. :applause: