• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crime Suspenstories #22

21 posts in this topic

5.0 The book presents well buy numerous small defects add up.

Front cover:

Top right corner small colour breaking crease

Right side just above hand on cover fair sized crunch

Bottom right corner small colour breaking crease

center of cover to the left of the hand on cover a couple of small colour breaking creases or colour breaking wear.

Bottom edge just below chopped off head another crunch similar to right side

Bottom left corner abraided corner and a few small transverse colour breaking cracks

Lower staple looks like it has pulled from the cover paper a bit

Few small nicks on spine

Top edge the cover has been bend downward in a number of places.

Back cover:

Wear and rip along top edge

Top staple might be pulled from cover a bit

Looks like a stain along the bottom edge

Rip at left corner

The good news is that it is a great great book. If you paid $40 for it you got a bargain.

Thanks for the details. Yeah, I paid $40 but that was over 10 years ago. Still a good deal back then. The guy I bought it from seemed rather surprised when he saw the price sticker but honored the price anyways.

$40 was probably a pretty good deal even back then. Certainly the book is worth more than you paid for it lol .

Perhaps you could post a few more books in the grading forum. It's a good idea to tune your grading and learn to avoid overgraded books.

I thought it was a pretty good price I paid. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I checked the "value" for this book graded a 5.0 and saw that its "worth" $60. Either I overpaid for this book 10 years ago or the price is a little off. If this is accurate then the value went up $2/year. This book is way undervalue if its only worth $60.

$40 a decade ago for that copy was a good deal then - but the book was not on fire back then like it has been lately. I paid $60 for a 7.0 about 15 years ago. I felt it was undervalued then - but it's not really a scarce book - and $400 for a 3.0 is probably not a price that will sustain. Still - the best pre-code crime cover - hands down.

$40 a decade ago for that copy was a good deal then - but the book was not on fire back then like it has been lately. I paid $60 for a 7.0 about 15 years ago. I felt it was undervalued then - but it's not really a scarce book - and $400 for a 3.0 is probably not a price that will sustain. Still - the best pre-code crime cover - hands down.

Agreed; it's lofty value is probably not sustainable. There are after all, other covers from even this series that are just as grim.

Agreed; it's lofty value is probably not sustainable. There are after all, other covers from even this series that are just as grim.

But this is a true classic and swiped by another famous Wolverine cover. It really captures how gory the ECs could get. Covers like these provoked the whole SOTI backlash.

You got a great book and I can't wait to get one for myself one day soon.

Some grim ones for sure - but just as grim - I don't know about that.