• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the Rob Liefeld of comic book writers?

83 posts in this topic

Would it still be Rob Liefeld? Or, would it be someone else?

answered your own question (thumbs u

Would he generally be considered the worst comic book writer as well? I was wondering if anyone could think of someone else. How did this guy get to be so successful in the comics industry. Just a good hustler?

Bendis after joining mainstream Marvel.

I read some of Bendis' work after about a dozen guys at my LCS told me how great he was and thought it was pretty mediocre. However, It seemed like he did a decent job on Ultimate Spider-Man.

I usually don't like guys with three names though. Automatically, I assume (which I know what that makes me) that they are probably a bit pretentious.

I personally like Bendis writing, especially on Ultimate Spider-man and on the New Avengers. I would tend to think that he works best on individual characters and needs to be steered away from the crime noir . I really wish he would completely take over writing on Spider-man titles. His dialogue is excellent between the characters.

The most over-rated writer that I can think of is Brian Azzarello(his Superman run was utter garbage), and Jeph Loeb. I can't really think of anything he has done in the last 15 years that was any good.

I personally like Bendis writing, especially on Ultimate Spider-man and on the New Avengers. I would tend to think that he works best on individual characters and needs to be steered away from the crime noir . I really wish he would completely take over writing on Spider-man titles. His dialogue is excellent between the characters.

The most over-rated writer that I can think of is Brian Azzarello(his Superman run was utter garbage), and Jeph Loeb. I can't really think of anything he has done in the last 15 years that was any good.

I just bought the first trade of 100 Bullets because just about everyone I know said it was great. Now, I'm a little worried.

I just bought the first trade of 100 Bullets because just about everyone I know said it was great. Now, I'm a little worried.

100 Bullets is madnastycreamy good.

I can't argue over what he did on Supes, but he put out one of the best stories of the last decade in 100 Bullets, and that's not just me saying that- it's a heck of a lot of people, both inside and outside the industry.