• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Oddest Marvel Characters

68 posts in this topic

Thank goodness they didn't have Steve Ditko's "Squirrel Girl" on the list. A well thought out character. :insane:

SquirrelGirl442.jpg

sqlgrl1.jpg

I would have had that same reaction is someone calling themselves Squirrel Girl just jumped out like that. lol

Did this inspire Sandy the Squirrel on Spongebob?
whats her super power? steals nuts from villians ?

As I recall, she could talk to squirrels and she had some only-barely-heightened abilities (strength, agility, etc).

And she has a giant, furry tail.

Here's a quartet of villains who have already had a run-in with Squirrel Girl. ;)

0904092mugs1.jpg

She actually makes a comment at the end of his 1st appearance about "eating nuts" that was so oddly placed, you would think it was meant to be a joke.

squirrelnuts.jpg

whats her super power? steals nuts from villians ?

So far she's defeated Thanos, MODOK, Dr. Doom, Deadpool and Terrax, among others.

SGdoom.jpg

SGthanos.jpg

SGdeadpool.jpg

Check out her stats on Marvel's site; everything's maxed. :PSquirrel Girl

That's some funny stuff right there.

I checked out the Squirrel Girl stuff through the link. This is post-modernism, right? I mean, when they made up Paste Pot Pete, the creators said to themselves, "We are dealing with a bunch of stupid kids. They sit in Grade Three and make collages on Fridays with cheap white paste. They will love a paste based character. Let's see alliterations worked with Peter Parker, Fin Fang Foom and Clark Kent, so howsabout Paste Pot Pete. That's it, we'll call him Paste Pot Pete".

For Squirrel Girl the writer or editor said, "Our readers think they are smart but we are a lot smarter. We'll create a joke character and let them in on the joke. They will eat it up. Oh, yeah, and give her a size 40 chest." In a strange way, it seems to work. Still, I am evern happier that I don't buy modern comics.

Voluntary obesity? How exactly does that power work?

Big Bertha (real name: Ashley Crawford) can go from this:

102051-190676-big-bertha_super.jpg

to this:

102053-84730-big-bertha.jpg

and back again anytime she wants.

I actually dated a couple of women that could do that....except it took a couple of years to change and they couldn't do the "and back again" part of it.

C

:roflmao: