• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Oddest Marvel Characters

68 posts in this topic

What about the Hypno-Hustler? This has to be on the list!

ppssm24.jpg

Man, you guys just don't get it. Hypno Hustler? Disco Dazzler? They were products of the music of the era....to bad Stan the Man got on that kick just as the music died.

meh

How about Modok... the guy with the 2 ton head and 50 lb. body. Some woman gave birth to him right? Poor woman must have died in labor... or burst.

:eek:

Actually he was an average guy...subjected to experiments... :blahblah: and the rest is history!

What about the Hypno-Hustler? This has to be on the list!

ppssm24.jpg

Man, you guys just don't get it. Hypno Hustler? Disco Dazzler? They were products of the music of the era....to bad Stan the Man got on that kick just as the music died.

meh

I know that this was a byproduct of the era, but that doesn't excuse how lame it is. It was like someone thought, "Let's combine the Ringmaster and Larry Flynt!"

Voluntary obesity? How exactly does that power work?

Big Bertha (real name: Ashley Crawford) can go from this:

102051-190676-big-bertha_super.jpg

to this:

102053-84730-big-bertha.jpg

and back again anytime she wants.

I actually dated a couple of women that could do that....except it took a couple of years to change and they couldn't do the "and back again" part of it.

C

How about Modok... the guy with the 2 ton head and 50 lb. body. Some woman gave birth to him right? Poor woman must have died in labor... or burst.

Actually he was an average guy...subjected to experiments... :blahblah: and the rest is history!

Missed that... either way though... pretty odd.

Voluntary obesity? How exactly does that power work?

Big Bertha (real name: Ashley Crawford) can go from this:

102051-190676-big-bertha_super.jpg

to this:

102053-84730-big-bertha.jpg

and back again anytime she wants.

Thanks. Dang, she's pretty hot in the first panel.

I'm surprised Porcupine isn't in the list.

If anyone watches heroes, there was a character just like this.

Now I know were they got their inspiration.

Which character do you mean?

The only one I can think of might be Candice played by Missy Peregrym :luhv:

She was an obese woman who could create illusions around her and she kept up a constant illusion that she was thin and attactive.

She could not make herself large and thin though, she was always very large and made you think she was thin. Kind of like Oprah wearing 6 pairs of Spanx.

Best,

Chris

Modok is a great villain. It's his weirdness that makes him so appealing... :grin:

Jim

Anyone have a picture of Hellcow? That's got to be someone's worst idea ever.

I found it.

hellcow_2-2.png

Dude that's just so wrong in so many ways :roflmao::insane:

So, if I see a cow with a cape on I should run for the hills? This should be a PSA - this is what drugs does to artists and writers.

Anyone have a picture of Hellcow? That's got to be someone's worst idea ever.

I found it.

hellcow_2-2.png

Dude that's just so wrong in so many ways :roflmao::insane:

So, if I see a cow with a cape on I should run for the hills? This should be a PSA - this is what drugs does to artists and writers.

It should be noted that Hellcow appeared in the Howard the Duck backup story, not in the feature Man-Thing story in that issue. What do you expect, it was from the brilliant mind of Steve Gerber. (Drugs or no, he was brilliant.)

I loved that Hellcow story to pieces when I first read it as a teenager. :cloud9:

And Modok had a body for a short period in Ironman 74

85284.jpg.a4b73cbbbb810aa10cf58a448ff45864.jpg

Angar the Screamer.... lol

89585-115382-angar_large.jpg

Often found in prison showers?

Banshee rip-off