• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN Appreciation Thread

197 posts in this topic

Very nice books, Rick Starr. The colors really contrast and pop on each cover.

Here is my Challengers pride and joy.

SHOWCASE6CGC9_0OWTOWFRONT_zpsacb74b44.jpg

Very nice, in deed! I have never owned this issue yet. One's that I have looked at and examined at cons, were just ratty or had faded colors. Some on Ebay just over priced. One of these days....

Very nice, in deed! I have never owned this issue yet. One's that I have looked at and examined at cons, were just ratty or had faded colors. Some on Ebay just over priced. One of these days....

Beautiful!

I actually owned a copy once...for about a week. It had massive undisclosed resto and went back to the seller.

Amazing slabs, Rick Starr. Either there are more high grade copies out there than I thought, or the handful of Challengers collectors are all hanging out in this thread :D

Beautiful!

I actually owned a copy once...for about a week. It had massive undisclosed resto and went back to the seller.

Fantastic copy of a greatly underrated Silver Age key and that era's first original creation! The colors on the cover of Showcase 6 make it a very unique SA key. If any book deserves a movie, it's the Challies. And they'd be perfect for that medium.

Congrats!

Here's my 5ish copy of 11. Think I'll go back and read it...can't remember the story!

Showcase11.jpg

...you're in for a treat :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u