• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN Appreciation Thread

197 posts in this topic

Hepcat - were you pulling our legs about the GL 8 cover??

BTW; those are some sweet looking copies you've been posting... (thumbs u

I have about 3/4 of the first 40 issues...always was a Fan despite the funny monsters on so many covers... :D

...those are some sweet looking copies you've been posting... (thumbs u

Thank you!

I have about 3/4 of the first 40 issues...always was a Fan despite the funny monsters on so many covers... :D

I think the monsters are cool. Sort of like pre-hero Marvels!

Hepcat - were you pulling our legs about the GL 8 cover??

No, I really don't like it. Green Lantern himself looks totally wrong for one thing.

(shrug)

:news:

I just got in the last two I needed to complete the Kirby issues!

DCgroup001.jpg[/img]

....that's a cool run to put together......I've never had all 12 at the same time. The closest I got was 9 of them. Kirby/Wood :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wow! Even the four Showcase issues!

(thumbs u

Now all you have to do is get the rest, starting with the remaining ten cent issues.

;)

After starting my Silver Age DC collecting with Flash and Green Lantern, I think Challengers of the Unknown will be my next focus.

Looking for the Kirby issues, and wow there's not much out there in grade (with nice paper, always a focus for me) at all.

Appreciate any feedback or leads on this title...

After starting my Silver Age DC collecting with Flash and Green Lantern, I think Challengers of the Unknown will be my next focus.

Looking for the Kirby issues, and wow there's not much out there in grade (with nice paper, always a focus for me) at all.

Appreciate any feedback or leads on this title...

Good luck my friend!

:news:

DCgroup001.jpg[/img]

(worship)

I have been trying to do that for a long time. They have gotten a little expensive but it would be worth it to seem them all together. Nice group to have Kirby Jack and Showcase 11 has one of my favorite stories.