• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Threats from E-bay buyers!!!

130 posts in this topic

Send this reply:

Hi,

In accordance with Western Union policy (your payment choice) I will be sending the item to the registered address. If you object to this policy then take it up with Western Union. If having it shipped to the registered address is not acceptable to you then I will happily refund your money and re-list the item.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

That's what I did this morn,...then she started with the Master/slave E-mails and the phone calls saying you better just send it to where I say or else.....or else what???

I would only reply with an exact copy of your first e-mail every time they send you one. Also insist on all communication taking place via e-mail. If they insist on calling you and are actually making threats of violence then call your local police department (or theirs) and make a report. Be sure and get a copy of the report as well (you may need it at some point).

sign her up to be your dominatrix for the next year and give you daily b***slap sessions... confused-smiley-013.gif

You know,..I really hate you...... mad.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Seriously though I agree with the posts that this person has psycho trouble written all over it (and her). I like the suggestion about following Western Union's guidelines. Although from her initial reply I doubt that's going to suddenly make her change her mind on how she sees things. Refund the $ and remind her that until the book would ever reach her you will always be THE MASTER grin.gif

I couldn't stop laughing whilst I read these posts. I was osciliating between;

"Master of my domain", and the Master and Commander movie.

I think Western Union can charge back the check if it comes back as a fraudulent transaction if you didn't send to the confirmed address.

The only new advice I'd have would be to see how many other auctions she's won recently. A fraudster would have quite a few. If there aren't that many, it just might be legit. I can't imagine my brother buying me anything though.

Oh, man, Rocky, that's a nightmare buyer.

Make sure you record all of the threatening phone calls. Your answering machine should allow you to do this. My instinct would be to run, i.e. refund and get out. If you send it to the verified address, she's going to claim it never got there. She's already told you as much. When the money comes, ask WU if you can refuse the money and have it sent back to the originator. Then there'll be a paper trail that proves you never touched her funds. Contact ebay about the threats (I think you already did this, if I read your post correctly) so that it's on the record.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I had some nightmare buyers, but I never had one threaten me and tell me she was my master. Idjit.

-- Joanna

She's now got my seller info and had her "brother" call me and make the same threats....doesn't E-bay have a number I can call for stuff like this?

I don't know if I'm alone here, but my e-bay info doesn't contain my real phone number. I have my contact address and e-mail available, but I have no desire to field phone calls from people and I very much doubt that having a phone line is a necessity in e-bay's rules anyway.

I would forward a copy of the offending e-mail to e-bay and tell them you cannot fulfill the deal due to postal rules. CC the buyer in there too. Then, I'd forward any further buyer e-mails to e-bay along with a note asking them to deal with the mess.

Thanks for the advise...does anyone know if you have to sign for a Western Union MO?...or do they just send them by USPS mail......paging Mr. Darth........Mr. Darthdiesel....here is your one moment to make a informative post.....

Thanks for the advise...does anyone know if you have to sign for a Western Union MO?...or do they just send them by USPS mail......paging Mr. Darth........Mr. Darthdiesel....here is your one moment to make a informative post.....

No need to sign. They come regular mail.

It depends on how they're sent. I've had them come in regular mail, but I've also had a transaction where I had to go pick up the money at a WU office. That was my most recent, so that's what I was thinking about. Yours is probably coming in the mail, sorry.

-- Joanna

Oh, and also tell us who this insufficiently_thoughtful_person is so we can add them to our blocked bidders lists. thumbsup2.gif

tab_drinker

Well, THAT explains a lot... you're supposed to place one tab on your tongue, not drink them by the bucketload! This buyer's trippin', and trying to take you along for the ride...

sign her up to be your dominatrix for the next year and give you daily b***slap sessions... confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Seriously though I agree with the posts that this person has psycho trouble written all over it (and her). I like the suggestion about following Western Union's guidelines. Although from her initial reply I doubt that's going to suddenly make her change her mind on how she sees things. Refund the $ and remind her that until the book would ever reach her you will always be THE MASTER grin.gif

"Who is the master?"

"Sho 'nuff!"

I don't know if I'm alone here, but my e-bay info doesn't contain my real phone number. I have my contact address and e-mail available, but I have no desire to field phone calls from people and I very much doubt that having a phone line is a necessity in e-bay's rules anyway.

You are alone frown.gif According to eBay rules, you can not provide incomplete or false info for contact info and is a violation of their user agreement. I have had several bidders and sellers alike suspended because I called their phone or emailed their contact info email and got a automated response from their email provider stating it was an invalid address or like aol.com replies with "AOL.com does not like this user address" confused-smiley-013.gif

The folks at safeharbor get a copy of my automated response and they also verify the phone number once I tell them it is not working or valid. Next thing I know the seller or buyer was Naru'd

Bottom line: if eBay can not get a hold of you thru any means using what is provided in your contact info, and they are made aware of this info, then don't be surprised if you get NARU'd or suspended until you resolve it.

eBay tells me to update my contact info and credit info when:

1) I noved from Centreville to Alexandria VA and also when I moved back to VA because my phone number changed

2) my email address has changed once

3) My credit card that I use to pay ebay for selling fees expires every year tongue.gif So I have to update my credit info with a new expiration date foreheadslap.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

"Who is the master?"

"Sho 'nuff!"

The Shogun of Harlem.