• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite Banned Forumite

377 posts in this topic

Red used banned forumite Dad&Son in an attempt to sting banned forumite and all-around-dillhole Goonchild through a fake-but-quickly-pulled eBay auction. The auction in question was for a mislabeled CGC book, which Red hoped to entice Goonchild into buying. The plan was for Goonchild to then resell the book without disclosing the mislabeling, something I believe Red had accused Goon of doing in the past. I don't recollect the specifics about this last bit, so apologies if I've misremembered anything.

I'm leaving some stuff out, including the imbroglio involving a failed agreement between Red and Goon to avoid competing for certain books and the nasty personal attacks between them. Trying to stay somewhat objective here

Red used banned forumite Dad&Son in an attempt to sting banned forumite and all-around-dillhole Goonchild through a fake-but-quickly-pulled eBay auction. The auction in question was for a mislabeled CGC book, which Red hoped to entice Goonchild into buying. The plan was for Goonchild to then resell the book without disclosing the mislabeling, something I believe Red had accused Goon of doing in the past. I don't recollect the specifics about this last bit, so apologies if I've misremembered anything.

I'm leaving some stuff out, including the imbroglio involving a failed agreement between Red and Goon to avoid competing for certain books and the nasty personal attacks between them. Trying to stay somewhat objective here

Ah yes. The Green River debacle.

Redhook. Second would be Marnin.

Marnin was never banned.

Well, actually, he is under a self-imposed ban. :grin:

marnin kinda deleted this place just before the button was pushed.

Still a great guy AND my friend.

Redhook. He is very passionate about the hobby, and I still dont really understand why he was banned.

Are you saying you just don't remember or that you never saw what got him banned, or that you disagreed with it? I don't know specifically what got him banned--I'm guessing three strikes--but he earned a few of the strikes I saw. He'd get into heated debates, take things personally, completely fly off the handle for a brief period of time, and start flinging some rather venomous personal attacks. I always hated seeing him do that, as his presence was really valuable around here. :sorry:

I really dont know .

In addition to a history of strikes, his banning came as the culmination of a very specific and rather ugly episode/adventure that left a lot of Forumites' mouths agape. I don't know if the thread still exists and don't feel like searching.

Wasnt it something involving an action 1? I thought it was in the GA forum, but dont remember what the deal was?

If I recall, it was a conveluted scheme involving a Green River book that was misclassified by CGC. I believe he was trying to pull a gag on another formite who was trying to locate said book.

If you pull up Redhooks posts in the Search feature, you can tinker the puzzle together...I believe he is active on the Comics Corral site...

Speaking of Comics Corral, I do miss CHARLTONGUY. He had some good posts..not sure why he was banned...

There's four real categories for banning, as far as I can tell;

Nonspecific - it's determined that his/her continued presence is distruptive or user is banned for actions detrimental to the Forum. RedHook, Dad&Son, CapDork.

A specific action - user does something major to get teh ban, like trolling or calling out CGC or the moderators. Illuminati, Major_Khaos and his other aliai

Shilling - past banned user is detected usually through their own actions or stupidity. Bug, bug, bug and KK.

Outright scamming - AlleyBat.

What am I leaving out?

Redhook. He is very passionate about the hobby, and I still dont really understand why he was banned.

Are you saying you just don't remember or that you never saw what got him banned, or that you disagreed with it? I don't know specifically what got him banned--I'm guessing three strikes--but he earned a few of the strikes I saw. He'd get into heated debates, take things personally, completely fly off the handle for a brief period of time, and start flinging some rather venomous personal attacks. I always hated seeing him do that, as his presence was really valuable around here. :sorry:

I really dont know .

In addition to a history of strikes, his banning came as the culmination of a very specific and rather ugly episode/adventure that left a lot of Forumites' mouths agape. I don't know if the thread still exists and don't feel like searching.

Wasnt it something involving an action 1? I thought it was in the GA forum, but dont remember what the deal was?

If I recall, it was a conveluted scheme involving a Green River book that was misclassified by CGC. I believe he was trying to pull a gag on another formite who was trying to locate said book.

If you pull up Redhooks posts in the Search feature, you can tinker the puzzle together...I believe he is active on the Comics Corral site...

Speaking of Comics Corral, I do miss CHARLTONGUY. He had some good posts..not sure why he was banned...

look up about four posts from yours. :hi:

He was simply too anti-CGC in his posts. A shame, cause he's hillarious and seems like a very nice guy. I really enjoyed seeing him here. If given enough time, I truly believe he would have leveled right out, and been a great poster.

Nonspecific - it's determined that his/her continued presence is distruptive or user is banned for actions detrimental to the Forum. RedHook, Dad&Son, CapDork.

A specific action - user does something major to get teh ban, like trolling or calling out CGC or the moderators. Illuminati, Major_Khaos and his other aliai

Shilling - past banned user is detected usually through their own actions or stupidity. Bug, bug, bug and KK.

What am I leaving out?

self-imposed ban :whistle:

What am I leaving out?

The category of -'Jesus loves you - everyone else thinks you're an azzhole' - D Dupcak

As creepy as he is, I am going to have to go with Luxx.

Probably because he is a mad genius and therefore really entertaining. :roflmao:

Start posting about your favorite banned Forumite, their many shills, etc.

Post some of their (or their shills') most classic posts.

:devil:

Oh man..I cannot agree..I like my environment Luxx free. That's why I buy this! It's a newly improved formula save for nice boarders and good wedding photographers. It's enhanced with pervaway.

85289.jpg.841091672be296258aa0f601d11d514a.jpg

Ok here is one that caused such a n uproar that it made for a very entertaining year for me when I first joined up.

Methusela/Comic-Keys/MrNice/Robojo33/Hammer etc etc etc. :baiting:

Gotta admit he was entertaining, not well liked but it was always a good read :preach:

WEBHEAD