• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xoxox

8 posts in this topic

Bobby,

If you could, I'd like you to see if this guy sold his copy of ASM 21 cgc 9.0 on the CGC boards. He had that and a copy of ASM 26 cgc 8.5 listed and ended them with lots of bids on them. In his Ebay response he said he decided to keep them because he liked them. When I wrote him I got the response pasted below. The tone of his reply seems friendly enough, but the situation pisses me off considering you can list with a reserve or as a buy it now item to assure you get the price you want. I wouldn't roll the dice and not follow through on an auction type listing. I'm tempted to send this reply to Ebay so they can compare it against the initial reason he gave though I don't know if I'm that mad about the situation. I also figured if it sold on the boards that'd also be a big no-no, etiquette wise. I certainly wouldn't want this guy to get a good deal on a book from me at this point though, that's for sure.

Marc

P.S. The ASM 21 guides at just under $600 so even his sales claim of $1000 seems kinda dubious.

M

Dear theecomicguy,

Hi Marc,

I did not realize that the book was still listed on another site and it sold for 1,000 so I had to end the ASM 21 and ship out. No way that book would have sold for that on eBay. ASM 26 I should be able to get 450 or so as well. It barely was at 103.00 Things don't really sell for much on eBay, even on nice books like that. I sold a Fantastic Four #1 3.5 APP that only fetched about 1,000 on eBay, comic link sold one same condition APP for about 1,500 so the books don't sell as high as you would think on eBay. thanks for your interest, cardzncomics --

- cardzncomics

Is this supposed to be a PM? Who is Bobby?