• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal now holding payments "hostage" for ebay transactions???

79 posts in this topic

Fortunately, there are several totally free alternatives to ebay for selling comics. Ebay will be like AOL........it will still be around in 5 to 10 years, but will be nothing compared to what it was.

crazyhips..... hm

You wouldn't happen to be Elvis reborn would you? lol

Fortunately, there are several totally free alternatives to ebay for selling comics. Ebay will be like AOL........it will still be around in 5 to 10 years, but will be nothing compared to what it was.

crazyhips..... hm

You wouldn't happen to be Elvis reborn would you? lol

lol

If you are talking about Craigslist, it has never worked for me. Comiclink is not free. Please fill me in.

i believe heritage auction galleries does not charge for their buy it now service, although you will probably have to pay shipping to ship the book to them when someone buys it. other than that, i don't think there is any charge.

an buy the way...............elvis never had anything on me....... : )

I posted a thread about this several months ago now. This happened to me when I quick-flipped my Spider-Man Obama variants. I whined at PayPal until they released the funds but they told me they could only do that this once. I thought that was fine since I had no intention of ever using EBay again. So far I've stuck to that. (I'll probably have to break my rule soon-- my Optimus Prime needs taller smokestacks.) But I won't sell on there again ever. Lesson learned.

I just received a payment for a comic I sold on ebay and received this strange e-mail from Paypal. To make sure this was authentic, I logged in to my account and it is, unfortunately.

NOTICE OF PAYMENT RECEIVED - PLEASE SHIP ITEM

You've received a payment, detailed below. We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We’ll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.

We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payment holds for eBay items.

We will notify you by email when the funds are released. You can monitor the status of the hold in your Transaction History.

* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.

Now I am supposed to pay for shipping orders before I can access the funds paid by the buyer to ship the items? This is ridiculous, but should not come as a surprise. I guess the next step will be to require the seller to deliver each item personally. Has anyone else been subjected to this?

I received the same notice on a $25.00 sale. My account is new.

We were going to list comics this week and our scanner died..I don't even think it's the scanner..I think it is the part of the computer that acknowledges there is a scanner. (I think this because the computer won't recognize a new scanner either.)

Anywho so no listing comic books this weekend after my husband and I spent two days grading and sorting piles of books.

We listed some glassware but it's strictly cheap stuff..we were expecting to list a good $$ of books..ack.gif

I will be really curious to see if PayPal holds any of our funds from any sales we do. Our glassware already has bids on it so we'll be seeing. I am kind of confused as to why my husband did free shipping. He listed the glass and I don't think he took into account the USPS rate hike..if we don't get lots of bids we could lose out all the way around..!!

Wasn't there a post in this very forum about a month back discussing this very thing? IIRC, feebay is holding on to the money for items where condition is subjective. As with most Ebay policies, it makes about as much sense as this:

Wasn't there a post in this very forum about a month back discussing this very thing? IIRC, feebay is holding on to the money for items where condition is subjective. As with most Ebay policies, it makes about as much sense as this:

I had payment held up on a slabbed FF until feedback or proof of delivery could be made. A statue that sold for almost 3 times the amount of the book had payment sent immediately. I'm not really sure what the criteria is....but I don't like the way ebay puts so much power in the buyer's hands. No wonder their profits are down. Sellers should have equal protection, without sellers there will be no buyers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You would think they would hold up payment on sport's autographs but they don't even when they sell for big bucks..at least they haven't held it on me. I am waiting anxiously to see how my next run of auctions end up and if they go through or not.

I had payment held up on a slabbed FF until feedback or proof of delivery could be made. A statue that sold for almost 3 times the amount of the book had payment sent immediately. I'm not really sure what the criteria is....but I don't like the way ebay puts so much power in the buyer's hands. No wonder their profits are down. Sellers should have equal protection, without sellers there will be no buyers. GOD BLESS...

i had started a thread about this same thing a few months back where paypal had almost $5000 of mine being held hostage over a $236 dispute..they froze all my funds..was total bs..i paid the $236 to get the funds released...then paypal continued to hold the $5000 in funds until i could prove the items were delivered...the ebay buyer was out of town,and they sat at his p.o box for a week before paypal finally released my fund....its total bs!

i had started a thread about this same thing a few months back where paypal had almost $5000 of mine being held hostage over a $236 dispute..they froze all my funds..was total bs..i paid the $236 to get the funds released...then paypal continued to hold the $5000 in funds until i could prove the items were delivered...the ebay buyer was out of town,and they sat at his p.o box for a week before paypal finally released my fund....its total bs!

I am crossing my fingers none of ours gets held..But I don't think they will if they process our auctions in the hundreds of dollars I don't think they will hold the small fries.

Since I posted the original message in this thread, I've had only one other payment held and it was released within 24 hours. This was not connected with ebay and was sent to me for an art commission. I also had about 50 auctions end Sunday night, and all of the payments for those items that I've received so far have gone straight through. I'm hoping that it was a temporary problem that I won't see again.